What's new

What cud be the problem? Help needed?

umarrehman187

Reaction score
So my little brother got an iphine 3g really cheap and it does not turn on when we charge it through the socket nothing happeblns but wheb we put through computer usb rhe battery signs comes on with a hazard thing but ot doesnt chare or turn on?

Sound like the battery is completely dead. If it's the little lighting bolt over the battery that comes up then that means its charging. It may take a while to turn on. My old 3g would sometimes take over half an hour to turn on if it was left to fully drain.

Did it not work when he checked it before he bought it? Its strange its not charging from the wall but the computer. Are you using the same cable? Is it an official one?

Yh he got it free from his mate, yh all cables are legit, we tried charging but i think it is fully dead :(

take it to apple and be like, ummm yeah, my battery isnt charing from the wall charger, only via usb can you guys help me?

Sounds like the battery is knackered. You could take it to apple but they would charge you an arm and a leg. You could go and see if they they think the same as me then take it elsewhere to get it replaced. Or perhaps do it yourself...?

ive had this happen to old ipods i left drained for weeks before charging usually after about 30-40 mins of it being plugged it it will start to function properly

It depends on what your willing so spend on it. Would you buy a fully working 3G for that price?

Who's they? Apple? I wouldnt spend that much on a battery replacement if it wasn't.

Have you tried leaving it on charge for a few days first...?

I still use the charger I got with my 3G and my 3GS on my iPhone4. I also have an aftermarket 12v to USB charger for in my car that worked with all 3 phones.

I agree with charging a fully drained battery from the wall though. It would take alot longer to charge it with the computer...

yes apple said it had a hardware problem they can send that one for ike fixing it or they can give me a fully new iphone 3g for 120?

and yes i tried charging it with an orginal plug socket charger for a day and nothing happened?

Give it a charge with an original charger for a few days. It's a longshot but might work.

So apple are willing to take your 3G and give you a brand new one for £120? Will it be unlocked or tied to a network/contract...?

You could replace the battery by yourself it's pretty easy. On the is it worth it side I would say yea as you can sell it for more than that anyways!