What's new

What can i do to save iphone battery draining so quick?

... also, leaving it in the sun (charging or not) and it will shut down if it gets too hot, you will see a red thermometer and the warning, all you can do is cool it off or wait until it cools off to work again. Happens to me all the time when using it as GPS, always at a bad time too, here in the 100° and up severe sun.

I was in the app, just went to settings to show what little was chewing battery reserve. It doesn't always run down that fast, but when it does watch out because it gets really warm

That happens to me sometimes. I try to figure which app/apps are overdoing it and swipe them out of multitasking. Then I do a hard reset (reboot). That usually works. This especially happens on a new OS. Mostly betas. Turning off Background App Refresh only makes it worse. BAR helps apps run in the background more efficiently.

A good article to read is "The Ultimate Guide to Solving iPhone Battery Drain", the gent that wrote the article was a Genuis Bar worker for a few years and always wondered what and why the battery drain issue is and how to combat it. Good article. Explains how things work and what needs to be done to help with maintaining good battery life. Good stuff and actually breaks a few common misconceptions that people have about using the iPhone. Hope it might help some peeps!!! Good Day.

It's also good to keep in mind the big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications and location services. Anything you can do to minimize those will help.

Reactions: 933