What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

Enjoying the Roughriders 38-27 win over the Toronto Argonauts.
IMG_4314.JPG

Organising 2 more not often tips that l found in the magazine. There are some more to come.

IMG_2492.jpg

And this one l have no idea what it, maybe you do.

IMG_2495.jpg

Organising 2 more not often tips that l found in the magazine. There are some more to come.

View attachment 34846

And this one l have no idea what it, maybe you do.

View attachment 34847
Apple calls the second tip in your post Reachability. It enables you to reach the app icons at the top of the screen with your thumb while holding the iPhone in one hand. It can also be used while viewing websites to tap on items near the top of the screen.

Thanks for the info. Now that l've gone back to my iPhone 5s for a while l can reach the top :)

Just read the guide to checking your battery drain on iPhone/iPad or iOS in general.
Whilst going through my iPhone 5s l came across the Speak Screen Option.
Never had a clue what it did or if it would be of any use to me.
Read a little set it up, ok it's not perfect at the mo! But l have Tessa reading my Daily Star newspaper from England in her nice voice.
I wonder how much that is going to drain my battery.

I too read some articles today and found some interesting stuff. They say not to close out apps completely and swipe them out of line as this actually hurts battery life on the new phones (iPhones). The older ones, yes, it was necessary, but today's phones actually benefit from leaving the apps open in background or not swiping them completely closed. This keeps the phone from having to re load all needed info for said app. This takes more power then to just leave the app opened and just close the screen of that app. It won't still run in the background unless you have "background app refresh" turned on. So I learned a good lesson myself today. One I will have to try and follow for a few days and see what difference it truly makes. I will be keeping a close eye on things and will be resetting all battery usage info now and see what it's like in 24hrs compared to what it was before I reset it. Will tell then if what I have done has helped any. Will report my findings back. Until then, have a Blessed Day To All!!!

I too read some articles today and found some interesting stuff. They say not to close out apps completely and swipe them out of line as this actually hurts battery life on the new phones (iPhones). The older ones, yes, it was necessary, but today's phones actually benefit from leaving the apps open in background or not swiping them completely closed. This keeps the phone from having to re load all needed info for said app. This takes more power then to just leave the app opened and just close the screen of that app. It won't still run in the background unless you have "background app refresh" turned on. So I learned a good lesson myself today. One I will have to try and follow for a few days and see what difference it truly makes. I will be keeping a close eye on things and will be resetting all battery usage info now and see what it's like in 24hrs compared to what it was before I reset it. Will tell then if what I have done has helped any. Will report my findings back. Until then, have a Blessed Day To All!!!
Facebook is different and will run in the background even if you have background app refresh turned off. It’s one of the few apps you should force close whenever you’re not using the app.

I’m enjoying the sight of my Laundry Monster getting heat stroke in the Rotary Furnace.