What's new

Welcome to the iPhone Forum! Please post an introduction thread.

Hi Everyone!!!! I’m Louis, an IPhone owner since the IPhone 3. Since then I’ve had the 3, 3s, 4s, 5s and now for three months, the 7+ !

I will say that the minute I saw an IPhone 3, that a friend had, I fell in love immediately. However, the banker of the family, my wife nixed that, but was gracious and loved me enough (or so she said), to allow me to buy the Sprint fake version. The problem was, Sprint. It was a love hate relationship. Well, first two days. Then it turned into I love to hate them relationship! They lied about coverage, they lied about service, they lied about the 3 day bring bag policy. Everything. However, when I put my attorney on the line with my contract in his hand, they quickly decided to take my phone back, and give me all my money back. Which took 2 months and another atty-Sprint call, but I finally got it, and the next day after taking it back, my first IPhone.

A little about myself, I’m almost 60, have a loving wife, (yes I kept her) which we have been married 33 years, 3 kids and 4 natural and 7 step grands, but all are called natural grandkids.

I spent over 30 years in the emergency services employment, including a police officer, fire fighter, seasonal ranger, a 911 Communications Officer and a Chief Communications Officer. As well, I have been a Storm Spotter/Storm Chaser since I was 18, but went out with my dad from the age of 11. I love people, helping them and really love the dynamics of severe weather! And that is the reason I wanted an IPhone. I can use several different weather radar apps, along with radio scanner apps to help me locate severe weather as well as listen to other chasers and police and fire depts to hear where Storm damage and storm reports are and what is happening.

I also love IPhones because there truly is “an app for that”!!! It never ceases to amaze me what apps are available and what they can do. It is definitely my whole life, besides my family life, ok, you know the truth already, but it really does help me keep track of everything. I don’t know what I would do if Apple decided to stop making them.

I’ll leave it all at that, if you have any questions about IPhones, apps or even questions about Storm chasing or what apps are good for keeping track of weather or about law enforcement or fire fighting, give me a holler! If I can’t answer it, because I still don’t know everything, I’ll find someone that will!!!

Hi Everyone!!!! I’m Louis, an IPhone owner since the IPhone 3. Since then I’ve had the 3, 3s, 4s, 5s and now for three months, the 7+ !

I will say that the minute I saw an IPhone 3, that a friend had, I fell in love immediately. However, the banker of the family, my wife nixed that, but was gracious and loved me enough (or so she said), to allow me to buy the Sprint fake version. The problem was, Sprint. It was a love hate relationship. Well, first two days. Then it turned into I love to hate them relationship! They lied about coverage, they lied about service, they lied about the 3 day bring bag policy. Everything. However, when I put my attorney on the line with my contract in his hand, they quickly decided to take my phone back, and give me all my money back. Which took 2 months and another atty-Sprint call, but I finally got it, and the next day after taking it back, my first IPhone.

A little about myself, I’m almost 60, have a loving wife, (yes I kept her) which we have been married 33 years, 3 kids and 4 natural and 7 step grands, but all are called natural grandkids.

I spent over 30 years in the emergency services employment, including a police officer, fire fighter, seasonal ranger, a 911 Communications Officer and a Chief Communications Officer. As well, I have been a Storm Spotter/Storm Chaser since I was 18, but went out with my dad from the age of 11. I love people, helping them and really love the dynamics of severe weather! And that is the reason I wanted an IPhone. I can use several different weather radar apps, along with radio scanner apps to help me locate severe weather as well as listen to other chasers and police and fire depts to hear where Storm damage and storm reports are and what is happening.

I also love IPhones because there truly is “an app for that”!!! It never ceases to amaze me what apps are available and what they can do. It is definitely my whole life, besides my family life, ok, you know the truth already, but it really does help me keep track of everything. I don’t know what I would do if Apple decided to stop making them.

I’ll leave it all at that, if you have any questions about IPhones, apps or even questions about Storm chasing or what apps are good for keeping track of weather or about law enforcement or fire fighting, give me a holler! If I can’t answer it, because I still don’t know everything, I’ll find someone that will!!!
Welcome to iPhone Forums, Louis!

Hello, everyone! My name is Todd and I am a Community Manager for the indie game publisher M4. I personally play a lot of mobile games, and even got an iPad just so I could play even more! I would love to talk about what your favorite mobile games are, and why they stick out to you.

I thank you for letting me chat with you here and I look forward to talking with you all! I hope to spread word about their upcoming games with you soon.

Hello, everyone! My name is Todd and I am a Community Manager for the indie game publisher M4. I personally play a lot of mobile games, and even got an iPad just so I could play even more! I would love to talk about what your favorite mobile games are, and why they stick out to you.

I thank you for letting me chat with you here and I look forward to talking with you all! I hope to spread word about their upcoming games with you soon.
Welcome to iPhone Forums. If you want to advertise any games from that indie publisher you have to be a paid supporting vendor. You can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page to contact the Forum administration about becoming a supporting vendor.

Scifan57, know anyone expiriencing Wi-Fi turn On without acting On him? After todays update he still plug to on mode.

With iOS 11 when you use the bottom pull-up to turn off wifi it only disconnects it, the wifi stays turned on and on my 6S Plus if I go out of range for a bit and come back it will reconnect. This will look like it is re-starting on its own, but it is just reconnecting.

With iOS 11 when you use the bottom pull-up to turn off wifi it only disconnects it, the wifi stays turned on and on my 6S Plus if I go out of range for a bit and come back it will reconnect. This will look like it is re-starting on its own, but it is just reconnecting.

Thanks again. So, bit of a bug, right,,.

Hello, my name is Tom and I’m from the Netherlands.
I already have an iPad since they launched the first iPad.
That's why I only used the phone just to make a call.
This time, just pulled the wallet to buy the iPhone 8 Plus, thanks to the camera.
And I'm very happy with that great camera and phone.
Nice to find this forum, now I can expand my knowledge.
Hello Tom. Welcome to iPhone Forums! If you have any questions or problems, we're here to help.

Hi, Herman here from South Africa. Moved over to I phone from when blackberry crashed. In fact all my office products are apple now and moved all my staff and family over to Iphone as well. Still running a 7plus 256. Got my son a x last week and very impressed with it. I will get the next generation that comes out as I like the wireless charging and would fit all my vehicles with a pad soon. Apple products are extremely expensive here and so are the contracts making owning a decent phone out of reach of most people. But Im here to watch and learn