What's new

Welcome to the FaceTime Forum!

yup :) i downloaded it also when it was released the other day after the event, its pretty good

So can someone explain why my iphone 4 (with no ATT contract) will not facetime with my wife's ipod touch 4? they both are on wifi, but I think I still have to have 3G service first? Will Tango app fix this prob.? thanks

Make a phone call t her cell then press face time

Correction: I should have said I have no AT&T contract OR any phone service yet. Its essentially an ipod touch right now. I plan to jb and unlock when available so i can get a prepaid sim inserted. but for now, no phone service. so facetime is dead until i get a phone number? that sux

Correction: I should have said I have no AT&T contract OR any phone service yet. Its essentially an ipod touch right now. I plan to jb and unlock when available so i can get a prepaid sim inserted. but for now, no phone service. so facetime is dead until i get a phone number? that sux

It uses the number to connect... So yes you do need service to use FT.

also just to add if you plan to use a pay as you go (prepaid) att i think it works and you dont have to jailbreak it, last year while on holiday in england 3gs was locked to o2 and it would work on pre paid o2 also with out having to do any jailbreak or unlocking

also just to add if you plan to use a pay as you go (prepaid) att i think it works and you dont have to jailbreak it, last year while on holiday in england 3gs was locked to o2 and it would work on pre paid o2 also with out having to do any jailbreak or unlocking

hmmm, anyone else think this may work? Everything I have read so far has contradicted that, but i'll give it a shot!

hmmm, anyone else think this may work? Everything I have read so far has contradicted that, but i'll give it a shot!

in the uk it works i dont see why it wouldent in the us also. its still att i mean how can itunes tell the difference if its pre paid or not?

not sure where the "itunes" part comes in here. I have already activated the phone with itunes, it works great...as an ipod touch so far. just need to try a prepaid sim card and see if it accepts it, most people have been saying they had to jb and unlock first, just to be able to even use an ATT prepaid plan.

can anybody tell what is actually facetime???

lol with your nick i would of thought you would be the one to tell us ;)

its basically video chat with either people with a front facing camera or if you know some one with a mac that has facetime you can now iphone to mac video calls free :D but it has to be on wifi. though in cydia that is an app where you can do it over a 3g connection called 3g un restrictor

reviewingproducts said:
facetime is great for death people

I am assuming you meant DEAF people? Darn auto correct! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net