What's new

Welcome to the Apple Watch Forum!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We would like to welcome everyone to the latest addition of iPhoneForums.net, dedicated to the Apple Watch!

Last edited:
Thanks for adding this forum. With all the discussion about the possible new iWatch it's sorely needed.

Watching the Keynote now. This thing is amazing. Still waiting for the battery life though...

Does it really need to be connected to the phone? I would like to run without carrying the phone. I was hoping I could Bluetooth to the watch for music and app info. Everything except apps that require data usage.

Does it really need to be connected to the phone? I would like to run without carrying the phone. I was hoping I could Bluetooth to the watch for music and app info. Everything except apps that require data usage.
You'll have to have your phone with you and connected in order to make full use of the Apple Watch, it doesn't operate independently.

You'll have to have your phone with you and connected in order to make full use of the Apple Watch, it doesn't operate independently.

I guess the key words are "full use". If you need your phone for the watch to operate then you're basically paying $350 so you don't have to take your phone out of your pocket.

We'll have to revisit this when there's more information, but at the very least I expect it to act like every other Activity band (which don't require constant phone connectivity).

Thanks for the reply though.

I should have done a little more research before asking the question. You can use the watch independently from the phone for some things like running. This is from the Apple site: "Music. Control the music on your iPhone without taking it out of your pocket. And when you leave iPhone at home to go for a jog, listen to music directly on Apple Watch."