What's new

Apple Watch versions

oldguy67

Reaction score
Which Apple Watch version do y’all think is the best? My wife said she would like to have one, and I know nothing about them. Been doing some research and thought I would ask on here also. Thanks in advance.

If you can afford it the latest series 5 would be the best. It gets all the features of watchOS 6 and will get future updates for longer than previous versions. There is quite a price range so check out the Apple Online Store to see which one is right for you.

I don’t know which series is “the best”, but I am very happy with my new Watch SE 2022. It lacks some of the features available in the more expensive Series 8, but there’s nothing I really miss so far. For instance, it doesn’t have some sensors — temperature, blood oxygen, and an “electric” heartbeat sensor whatever that is — but it does have the normal pulse sensor which seems to work just fine. It also lacks rapid charge, but the battery lasts a full day, so I only charge it overnight, when there is plenty of time.
To be honest, a thing to be aware of is that the Watch SE is not officially IP6X (dust resistant), while Series 8 and Ultra are. I don’t know if that is something to really worry about though unless you use your Watch in extreme conditions.
Anyway if you are going to buy a Watch you should read the specs of each model to find out if it has all the features you need. Apple Watch - Compare Models
I bought a Watch SE “Cellular” model, so I can use it as a phone and for messaging even when I don’t have my iPhone with me or the iPhone’s battery is dead (but check availability and terms with your cellular provider).