What's new

Weird problem with sleep/wake button

Michael Yoh

Reaction score
new member here. Just had cracked screen and led replaced by gentleman offering service. Seems like a real nice job. However, when I wake up the screen with the wake button on top the screen wakes up but I can't slide to the password screen. I set up fingerprint ID. NOw, I can wake up the screen, log in with fingerprint, but the icons are inactive, they don't respond. I put it back to sleep, wake it up again, log in, and now everything works, till it goes to sleep again. Does this everything. Did something happen during screen replacement, or istheresomething I'm missing.

Mike

new member here. Just had cracked screen and led replaced by gentleman offering service. Seems like a real nice job. However, when I wake up the screen with the wake button on top the screen wakes up but I can't slide to the password screen. I set up fingerprint ID. NOw, I can wake up the screen, log in with fingerprint, but the icons are inactive, they don't respond. I put it back to sleep, wake it up again, log in, and now everything works, till it goes to sleep again. Does this everything. Did something happen during screen replacement, or istheresomething I'm missing.

Mike
Have you tried restarting the iPad? Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears onscreen, then release both buttons until the iPad restarts. If that doesn't help, come back and we'll try something else.

This is an IPhone 5a. Yes, I've done the restart by holding home and power buttons. Several times. I've done all updates. This problem is consistent- every time you must cycle it on/off/ then back on to get screen to respond.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Mike

Have you tried restarting the iPad? Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears onscreen, then release both buttons until the iPad restarts. If that doesn't help, come back and we'll try something else.

I meant IPHONE 5S.

This is an IPhone 5a. Yes, I've done the restart by holding home and power buttons. Several times. I've done all updates. This problem is consistent- every time you must cycle it on/off/ then back on to get screen to respond.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Mike

There's also the possibility that the screen replacement caused some damage that's responsible for the problems you now have in waking up your iPhone. Does the repair service you used offer a guarantee? If so, you should contact him and ask that the problem be fixed.