What's new

Website Data x-rated sites and data usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_1985

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My girlfriend has an iphone and after checking the Website Data i saw alot of x-rated on there, so i actually deleted all of them and left the others, then after a couple of days some came back, so now i keep (daily) deleting and re-checking and every few days theres always x-rated sites.

I understand about cookies, adverts and 3rd parties but for them to appear she must be watching pron right?

I also need to know in NORMAL terms how much is 0.5KB and 96bytes, normally the x-rated websites on there have these beside them. Are they pictures or long videos? how much time would you have to spend using that amount of bytes or K.B?

Please help. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
0.5KB and 96 Bytes is basically comparing an ant to an elephant, an elephant being the average MB or two that it takes to load an extensive site. They're not substantial and mostly negligible bits of data, definitely not enough data used to load sites. 1 Megabyte is equivalent to approximately 1,024 KB. 1 Megabyte is equivalent to approximately 1.05 x 10[SUP]6 [/SUP]bytes, or 1,050,000 bytes. An average text-only email is about 70 KB, which is about 7000 words. An average website would take up about 1 MB if not more nowadays since there will be graphics and such, so 0.5KB or 512 bytes is definitely not enough data to load up a site unless the site has something like 50 words on it. But, it could be linked more towards ads and such.

Most ads and spams use up bits of data rather than a full-fledged site's worth of data. An average video that's formatted to be viewed in Quicktime on your device is about 10MB or more assuming it's something like 5 minutes. And the quality matters as well, so it'll definitely rack up more data. 0.5KB is 0.0005 of a MB, meaning you'll probably be able to stream a millisecond of the video with that amount of data.

If it's chronic, I'd recommend clearing up your cache in your browser and respring/reboot the device. If it still persists, perform a simple backup and restore and that'll definitely clear up the problem.

Thank,

But, so 96 bytes is not enough to watch any kind of videos and neither is 0.5 KB, so why is there still sites coming up? surely they cant be adverts and pop ups of legit sites?

Is there also anyway to disable any kind of deleting history or words on google safari? so i can see what websites she actually types in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please consider asking your Girlfriend these questions.

Our forum does not assist members in prying into another person's private matters based on our stance on Security and Confidentiality.

This thread will now be closed. Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.