What's new

Weather animation on 7.1

angeliq

Reaction score
My 7.1 do have a huge problem. When putting "reduce motion" to "on", the animation for the weather app stops showing for example rain or showers. It stops totally! And the other thing is, when you go back by pressing below on the dots (NOT swiping back), it is like a bounce effect. I'm disappointed by that. Anyone experience same? Otherwise the update is working fine.

The animation in the weather app is supposed to stop if you turn on reduce motion. I haven't been able to duplicate that bounce effect you mentioned.

The animation in the weather app is supposed to stop if you turn on reduce motion. I haven't been able to duplicate that bounce effect you mentioned.
Ok. When I do have more than one city on, and I go forward and back on the dots at the bottom of the screen (pressing with finger on bottom), it's going forward ok, but when pressing to go back, it sort of bounces (not up and down, but sideways) for one 'bounce', and then it's back. Why does animation stop? I downloaded accuweather and the animation on rain is still showing? Just weird. I just need to get used to it. This is happening on my 5s as well as my wife's 5.

Ok. When I do have more than one city on, and I go forward and back on the dots at the bottom of the screen (pressing with finger on bottom), it's going forward ok, but when pressing to go back, it sort of bounces (not up and down, but sideways) for one 'bounce', and then it's back. Why does animation stop? I downloaded accuweather and the animation on rain is still showing? Just weird. I just need to get used to it. This is happening on my 5s as well as my wife's 5.
Don't use the dots at the bottom. Mine does the same. But you can swipe from location to location without the bounce. I mostly use eWeather HD and WeatherUnderground. Animation stops because you have reduce motion turned on. That feature does not affect motion or animation in downloaded apps. It affects only the iOS 7.1 system and the stock apps.

Don't use the dots at the bottom. Mine does the same. But you can swipe from location to location without the bounce. I mostly use eWeather HD and WeatherUnderground. Animation stops because you have reduce motion turned on. That feature does not affect motion or animation in downloaded apps. It affects only the iOS 7.1 system and the stock apps.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate. I switch motion back on as the speed of animation is nice. The 7.1 is very nice and I like it a lot. I'll check the eWeather HD. The stock weather app is out by approx 2 hours regarding sunrise and sunset and yahoo/apple is not rectifying. Thank you.