What's new

Waterproof armband/headphone options?

Fireblade274

Reaction score
Years ago when I had the iPhone 3, I bought high quality underwater headphones from H2O audio; the surge pro's for 60$, and their amphibix waterproof case. They worked fantastic, good up to 12feet, and sound quality amazing once you wore in the membrane in the earbuds to equalize the pressure in them when shipped, since they are airtight. I have since lost both products, and now have an iPhone 6. I'm looking for a swimming solution again, but now a'days H2O Audio's newest armband is only good up to the iPhone 5S, and it's been discontinued--probably because of product issues, as their previous generation of waterproof armbands are still sold. H2O Audio is still selling a second generation of what I used to have, Surge 2G's, but I still need a compatable submersible armband that ALSO has an audio jack. I have found one option so far, The DryCase DryCase DryCASE (DC-13) & DryBUDS (DB-26) Sport Combo

H2O case was the same price as DryCase, but DryCase headphones are 30-40$, and the more expensive one gave me the impression it was only "better" because of microphone support and a ear-wrap-around design; not because of greater sound quality. Surge's from H2O were 60, and new gen 2 is also 60$. I feel like the 30-40$ DryCase buds will not have as great sound quality as Surge's.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with underwater swimming audio gear, or know of other vendors that have similar products to the one mentioned above? I'm not afraid to spend 100$ again. Even if it's 40$ more then the 60$ DryCase setup, I'll pay more to get a better preforming/sounding pair of waterproof headphones. They need to be compatable with an armband though.. Im waiting to hear from DryCase on if the case is compatable with other waterproof headphones; if that's not the case, I'd like to know if there are others that are, so I can use the Surge 2G's, or similar high quality underwater earbuds.

Sorry for babbling so much.. Anyone have their 2 cents?