What's new

watch exchange 16gb iphone 4s to 32gb

pfjms001

Reaction score
hi folks,

i upgraded from my 32 GB iPhone 4 to the 16 GB iPhone 4s(what i was able to afford at the time($199.99=$212)) back on the 7th of October, received it on Wednesday the 26th. According to AT&T's policy i have 30 days(November 23; because it was shipped on the 24th of October) to exchange it. However, due to the supply issues AT&T has with fulfilling 4s orders I was wondering if Apple will allow me to exchange it there as long as AT&T resets my upgrade eligibility allowing for me to get the 32 GB version for the $299 price.

If this is not a possibility, then is it worth keeping the 16 GB 4s version or going back to the 32 GB 4?

Last edited:
pfjms001 said:
then is it worth keeping the 16 GB 4s version or going back to the 32 GB 4?

My friend... only you can decide if going from 32GB to 16GB is plausible.

thx for the reply, and i agree i can only make this decision, but would you know if apple excepts returns from either AT&T web order or store within 30 days of ship date? i have packing receipt..

pfjms001 said:
thx for the reply, and i agree i can only make this decision, but would you know if apple excepts returns from either AT&T web order or store within 30 days of ship date? i have packing receipt..

They should. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Hmmm! Is the phone sealed? If so worth a try.

I'd think as your provider AT&T heavily subsidised the price of the phone to you, you would need to ask them the upgrade question.

Hi, just to let everyone know the outcome of this thread....I called apple which said I had to return phone back to AT&T; have upgrade eligibility reset, which is automatic through AT&T, but my take up to 72 hours to show on apple's side.

I returned my phone, went back to iPhone 4, and was immediately allowed to upgrade through apple either the 32 or 64 gb versions. I had a hard choice; either the 32 gb with AppleCare plus, which can only be sold in person for Florida residents; or the 64 gb without any coverage. I finally decided on the 64 gb version, since I have a otter box defender case and I never treated my previous iPhone poorly; plus I figured that I would be upgrading to the 5 a year from now, so purchasing for 2 years seemed to be a waste. Also, AppleCare plus does nothing for lost or stolen, which I picked up AT&T's program for $6.99 per month.

Thank you all for taking part

pfjms001 said:
Hi, just to let everyone know the outcome of this thread....I called apple which said I had to return phone back to AT&T; have upgrade eligibility reset, which is automatic through AT&T, but my take up to 72 hours to show on apple's side.

I returned my phone, went back to iPhone 4, and was immediately allowed to upgrade through apple either the 32 or 64 gb versions. I had a hard choice; either the 32 gb with AppleCare plus, which can only be sold in person for Florida residents; or the 64 gb without any coverage. I finally decided on the 64 gb version, since I have a otter box defender case and I never treated my previous iPhone poorly; plus I figured that I would be upgrading to the 5 a year from now, so purchasing for 2 years seemed to be a waste. Also, AppleCare plus does nothing for lost or stolen, which I picked up AT&T's program for $6.99 per month.

Thank you all for taking part

That's nice to hear.