Apple Stores Can Now Unlock AT&T iPhone 4s

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
white_iphone_4_removed.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9to5 Mac reports that Apple Stores now have the capability to unlock AT&T iPhone 4s. If, for example, a particular Apple store runs out of stock of the unlocked GSM SKUs of iPhone 4 (which was released back on June 13), they now have the ability to unlock an AT&T SKU at the store checkout, so that the customer still gets to take home the unlocked iPhone 4 that they went into the shop intending to buy. Of course it will cost them $650 for the 16 GB phone or $749 for the 32 GB phone. As 9to5 Mac reports, Apple was previously able to sell contractless iPhones, but they were still locked to AT&T. With this new facility, the user can buy the unlocked GSM phone and use it with an international carrier if they so desire, or even trim down their T-Mobile US SIM and put it in their unlocked phone. Verizon iPhones in the US are CDMA.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Apple Stores now capable of unlocking full-price AT&T iPhones at checkout | 9 to 5 Mac | Apple Intelligence[/FONT]

thats great news for ATT users who need to go abroad and use other sim cards instead of having to turn to jailbreak or gevey sim solutions.. i think also this will greatly decrease the amount of jailbreakers as well because so many thousands of them only do it for the unlock and dont really want the jailbreak

thats great news for ATT users who need to go abroad and use other sim cards instead of having to turn to jailbreak or gevey sim solutions.. i think also this will greatly decrease the amount of jailbreakers as well because so many thousands of them only do it for the unlock and dont really want the jailbreak

Yes, it's better to release app from Apple itself to handle this hassle for users, it's lagal and helpful!

exactly... though people will always buy the att iphone from other countries and try unlock it so they save $,... even if they live in countries where they supply the iphone sim free

I currently have an AT&T iPhone but using it with tmobile through gevey sim. You think if I take it to apple the can unlock it officially? And any ideas on price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have an AT&T iPhone but using it with tmobile through gevey sim. You think if I take it to apple the can unlock it officially? And any ideas on price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you would have to ring and ask them.. or maybe our friendly user here that works for AT&T can enlighten us