What's new

Wanting an app like Google Sky Map

Ferrari

Reaction score
So I was playing with my friends Evo yesterday, he had this app and I was obsessed
we were literally outside for 30min-1 hour messing around with our beautiful galaxy

my question is, is there a app like this for the iPhone?
Some recomended me Star Walk but from my understanding (youtube vids) is that you can't tilt your phone to see like what's above you or under you?
that's the main feature I liked about the Google Sky Map.

I want to be able to point my iPhone to the Moon and it showing me the Moon on my iPhone, make sense?

Price is not an issue, I'm willing to spend 100 bucks on this!!! app was SOOOOOOOOO COOL!!

That would be Star Walk. I have it and it does augmented reality. Whereever u point ur phone, it will show u what is there. Now this only works on the iPhone 4. I do not know if it does on the 3GS. I think it does.

That would be Star Walk. I have it and it does augmented reality. Whereever u point ur phone, it will show u what is there. Now this only works on the iPhone 4. I do not know if it does on the 3GS. I think it does.
PERFECT!
thanks!

PERFECT!
thanks!

I was using Google Sky Map on my Droid and it worked pretty well. But with Star Walk I noticed when you are looking "through" the display to the stars, it is much more accurate with where it is pointed. I actually like it more then Google's version.

PERFECT!
thanks!

I was using Google Sky Map on my Droid and it worked pretty well. But with Star Walk I noticed when you are looking "through" the display to the stars, it is much more accurate with where it is pointed. I actually like it more then Google's version.

Reallly??
That's awesome
now I can show it off to my friend and his Evo :)

I seriously cannot wait till my iPhone gets here ><
it's driving me INSANEEE!!
RAWWWR
I made a countdown for it :p
http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2010&month=09&date=10&hrs=0&ts=24&min=0&sec=0&tz=local&lang=en&show=dhms&mode=t&cdir=down&bgcolor=#CCFFFF&fgcolor=#000000&title=Countdown%20To

Is Star Walk enhanced for the retina display? Has anyone tried both this and pocket universe to report back what's the best one to learning about what you are looking at in the sky realtime?

I do believe it is for retina. It is vert sharp and clear on my iPhone 4. It is all also done in real time, has bookmarks, and I have been able to use it without both cell service or wi-fi. It also uses the compass features as well as the gyro. I haven't used pocket universe yet, don't know if I will since I like star walk so much.

When my iPhone 4 gets in I'll be buying both so I'll let you know if u can wait