What's new

Wallpaper size?

mach1man

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size the iPhone 5 wallpapers are suppose to be? I want to turn a picture I have into my wallpaper but I want it to fit properly.

I tried cropping them to that size and it did not work. When I sent them to my phone they were still massive and when I pinched it down to fit I got the black lines on the top and bottom.

If you're using Paint.exe that comes with Windows, it doesn't always work. Try using a photo editing software like Photoshop or Paint.NET to actually shape it down to the proper dimensions

Ah I see. Yea I was using windows photo something. Lol. It's whatever is stock photo editing on windows 7.

Try Paint.NET. It's free and quite frankly, I actually prefer the simplicity of it over Photoshop. Give it a whirl. It's also a useful if you're looking to make your own themes and mods for your device like making your own icons, themes and such for Winterboard.

Thanks :) I'd love to learn how to make my own themes and icons. Is there any good video tutorials on how to make your own themes on the net? I mean I know how to go in and fix some of the icons like photos, camera, maps to work with a theme that's already made, but I don't know how to do the whole thing lol

The most important thing IMO is to know where each of the components go, which is why you have folder-ceptions when creating theme folders because it targets specific paths/ directories. Other than that, I would say make sure to use transparent backgrounds where appropriate like when making Zeppelin logos, icons, buttons, etc. Play around with the editing software and familiarizing yourself with the features is probably one of the more important aspects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

where did you download Paint.net from? I have tried to download it twice and I can not find it on my computer