What's new

I cant rescale my wallpapers on ios 7

mach1man

Reaction score
So before iOS 7 I could shrink my wallpaper to where there was a black bar at the top and bottom. But with iOS 7 it the picture will not scale down. I can move it left right up down, but I can not shrink it. Any ideas or help on resizing photos for the wallpaper.

You will need to either download an app to do it or do it on a PC. Currently it can't be done from iOS natively.

And you aren't the first to complain. This was an interesting choice or oversight by Apple.

Yea definitely a disappointment there. Do you know of an app that I could use to resize my pic so I don't have to download it to a computer.

Sorry, I do not use any graphic apps on iOS.

Settings>accessibility>reduce motion-"ON" will enable you to resize your wallpapers again. Something with the active wallpaper is not quite right.

I also hate this new feature!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Dcrymes84

Settings>accessibility>reduce motion-"ON" will enable you to resize your wallpapers again. Something with the active wallpaper is not quite right.

Active wallpapers or Parallax is designed to handle panoramic photos. As such it can't be resized and that is why it isn't supported under any picture type when on.

I cannot resize pictures with it off or on. I'm going to try to resize some pics in an app I found but don't know what size they need to be. Can anyone tell me the size for wallpaper?