What's new

Lock Screen / Home screen wallpaper

thomdr

Reaction score
I have an ip5 with ios7. If I try to set a picture from my camera roll to lock screen, it wont let me scale to fit the screen like it used to before ios7. I can move it but the picture is very large. Wont pinch down to useable size. Anyone else had an issue with this? Thx

Last edited:
I have an ip5 with ios7. If I try to set a picture from my camera roll to lock screen, it wont let me move and scale to fit the screen like it used to before ios7. I can move it but the picture is very large. Wont pinch down to usuable size. Anyone else had an issue with this? Thx

This is due to the new Parallax motion wallpaper system in iOS 7.

If you want the original iOS 6 functionality, do the following:

Settings > General > Accessability > Reduce Motion. Set it to ON.

That should fix your issue.

Just tried that. Didnt help. Still cant size the picture. Can you dulicate the problem on yours? Any other suggestions?

Just tried that. Didnt help. Still cant size the picture. Can you dulicate the problem on yours? Any other suggestions?

That's how I fixed it on my since the very first Beta of iOS 7 was released.

It does the same thing on my friends new 5s. Maybe someone else here has seen the same problem. The wallpaper that came with ios7 works fine.

I have the same problem. I have set reduce motion to on and it doesn't help.

I have an ip5 with ios7. If I try to set a picture from my camera roll to lock screen, it wont let me scale to fit the screen like it used to before ios7. I can move it but the picture is very large. Wont pinch down to useable size. Anyone else had an issue with this? Thx

With reduce motion on, a 640x1136 wallpaper should work fine. If you need to resize your wall, an app called "image size" works great. For the Parallax Effect, you need at least a 744x1392 pixel size. Good luck.