What's new

Wallet App?

Please don't get me wrong, but I reckon you should just try to calm yourself down a little. I have not been here for a while, l think it was when you got an iPhone 5 something or maybe 6 so keen to learn. Love reading your posts must admit. I see people using all kinds of credit cards in shops. Not for me thanks.
My bank in Germany has this morning updated it's app to take Apple Pay no thanks.

In reply to your worries about cameras and marketing and such stuff. I wonder if one day we will all be tattooed at birth and our future for seen.

You probably say that half in jest, brixtonboy, but I think it could be possible one day in the far future depending on how things develop with governments.

I believe developing and maintaining credit is very important, so I will always use credit cards. The important thing in my opinion is to pay them off each month. I never carry debt for anything other than a major chase, and even then, I look for interest free options. I am against these marketing practises, though. I do not think I will ever change my mind about that part of it.

Thanks, but I have not set up Apple Pay. I checked just now again anyway, and the phone shows me the option to set it up. All I ever did was add some credit cards to the wallet.
That was part of Wallet. Sometimes if you press the home button it pops up with your default cc. Check your wallet setting.

^^^ I did have a default card, but the app must have chosen it for me because it was not the one I would have chosen. I changed it. It looks like I was pressing the home button twice without realising it. I am not going to set up Apple Pay at this time, but I think I have the wallet app the way I want it for now. Thanks, bear7962. :)

^^^ I did have a default card, but the app must have chosen it for me because it was not the one I would have chosen. I changed it. It looks like I was pressing the home button twice without realising it. I am not going to set up Apple Pay at this time, but I think I have the wallet app the way I want it for now. Thanks, bear7962. :)

Whichever bank card you use for Pay, your bank would have to approve it and activate it for Pay. Then you would add that card to Wallet.

Whichever bank card you use for Pay, your bank would have to approve it and activate it for Pay. Then you would add that card to Wallet.
That is true for Credit Card use in Wallet. But it is pretty much no longer a cumbersome thing compared to when Wallet first started allowing Credit Cards. Last week I went to the bank to get a new debit card, while still at the bank rep’s desk, I signed my debit card, took the photo of the new card, entered the ccv code and it was processed. A few minutes later, I used the card at the grocery store, thru Wallet. But what I was trying to tell Hunniebunnie about was Apple Cash, not Apple Pay. Never had to get a bank to approve it. First time I used it, I invoiced a guy, he paid the invoice and the money appeared on my Apple Cash card which had nothing to do with any bank. I could have sent the money to a bank but instead I just used it like a gift card, spending it as needed. No bank was involved.

Yes, Ledsteplin, I had all of my credit cards approved and added to my Wallet App. bear7962 is correct, I was trying to understand Apple Cash. Thanks to everyone who helped explain this to me! :)