What's new

Waking Up Since Last Update

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Since the last update (or maybe the one before, I forget), my mobile's screen does not always light up as I pick it up from my desk or a table, etc. I have not changed any settings. Has anyone else noticed this in his/her mobile? Thanks.

Not sure if it has changed, but picking my phone up pre-alarm going off in the morning, I have noticed that it does not always light up. I assumed the phone detected motion, but shaking it does not always cause it to light up. Perhaps there is a setting I have yet to locate?

It would be the gyroscope in conjunction with the M11 motion coprocessor that detects that the phones attitude has changed and signals the screen to light up. If turning the raise to wake feature off then on doesn’t get the feature working again your iPhone may need a diagnostic to determine why it doesn’t work on your iPhone. Most owners who updated don’t have your problem which means it is unlikely that it was caused by the update itself.

Last edited:
‘Raise to wake’ is in Settings/ Display and Brightness. There is also a setting in Settings/Accessibility/ Motion/ called Reduce Motion, which should be off.

Since the last update (or maybe the one before, I forget), my mobile's screen does not always light up as I pick it up from my desk or a table, etc. I have not changed any settings. Has anyone else noticed this in his/her mobile? Thanks.

Mine is doing the Same.

The Larium app shows that the gyroscope is very sensitive to movement, but obviously I can only see that when the phone is awake and it says nothing about the trigger software mechanism.

edit: the app is Lirum, not Larium, a system monitor app.

Last edited:
Thank you NSquirrel, scifan57, and jasassy. :)

I noticed mine does better sometimes than at other times. This morning, for instance, I picked it up from my bedside table, and it lit up. It is not a huge problem for me, but I might take it to the Apple store if I am over their way before the weather turns too hot and humid. If jasassy also noticed it, then it might be a more widespread issue than I thought. Maybe they will have something to correct it in the next update. Still, as I said, it is not too much of an issue for me. I notice it much more at night and first thing in the morning because those are the times I rely on it.

<< I notice it much more at night and first thing in the morning ...

Same here and, as you say, it may be fixed in an update.

Really, NSquirrel? Wow, that makes me believe it is not just my mobile. I wonder why just those hours would be a problem.....

I have no clue, but did just update to 13.3
and that’s when I noticed it.
You’re right, not a huge problem.
Just strange.