What's new

VPN Question

The Hound

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S that I would like to have access my network via its VPN router. What is necessary to do so?

If you have your wireless router set up and are connected to your VPN then activiting wi-fi on your iPhone and then connecting to that wireless network would work I should think.

Obviously, if I'm near enough to use my wifi, I don't need to do things via VPN. I'm talking about accessing my network from a remote location.

Depends on what you're looking to do. You're pretty limited in terms of accessibility through your iPhone, you can't really do much. But if you're still game, simply set up a VPN on one of your PCs on the network, and on your iPhone, head over to Settings > General > VPN and enter your credentials

Thanks. I'll see what I can accomplish...if anything.

Obviously, if I'm near enough to use my wifi, I don't need to do things via VPN. I'm talking about accessing my network from a remote location.

Oh righty,I perhaps did not read that quite right then,hope you do work it out :)

Getting there, but I have more work to do at the server end. It doesn't respond to the phone's credentials. That isn't the iPhone's fault.