What's new

VPN Express

shopsurfer

Reaction score
How about VPN Express. has someone anny experiance with this verry usefull but rarely documented app?
I think it was highly recomended that someone develloped an app with the intention to protect and annonymize the
Intrenetconnecion one needs to collect emails for instace while waiting for the next flight on the airport. Using
the airports infrastructure's wifi offered to be used but not protected against anny hacker attempts. While using
this connection to reed emails or to get the last balance froom your bankaccount, a bad guy could check this as well while
you don't eaven think about him and his bad intentions.

Everyone knows about the risk of worms and virusses. There is probably no laptop in that airport not protectet by a actual antivirus or
a firewall. But only verry few know about the risk beeing attact by a hacker phishing for passwords or data written in emails and sent
via wifi or eaven gsm tto your provider. A lot of people know about the possibility to encrypt emails to protect them against some threats.
But to be honest who realy encrypts emails? I personaly never received an encrypted mail, and I doubt that annyone else did. The main
Problem is in sharing keys te decrypt them. Companies spend a hell of maoney to protect their electronic infrastructure against hackers and
all otehr threats. But there are two BIG BIG unattended risks, noboddy realy cares about! Risk one are all those unprotectetd smartphones which
logg in as soon as they are near an available wifi-connection to sync there sceduals and RISK TWO are the iPhones, iPads and Laptops using open
network- connections at anny kind of hotspots at airports, or in hotels! Where ever noboddy knows which guy is sitting next door or opposite in the next row at the airports waiting area!

I realy can not undstand hy theese risks ar so rarely discussed on those platforms where the guys are who make the decisions about the
software which is installed on the notebooks of the companies. Where are those high paid sysops and manager who should cry out loud
and warn that the systems are not protected against this kind of attacksl, where masterpasswords f.i. for the nets of SONY Playstation could
easily be attackt. I could imagine that this was apossible way where those hacker found their masterkeys and passwords to intrude those nets.

DID ANNYONE EVER THINK ABOUT TEESE HIGH RISKS ??????????

VPN express is good and it gives privacy. But the iDevice is pretty well secure already. The wifi connection you are using can be hackable tho but not the device it self. So yes like you said, a VPN express can hide your activities over the network and gives you some privacy.