What's new

Volume isn't loud, cant barely hear it

Crissco

Reaction score
Im having problems, just got my iPhone 5...Its an older one that my dad got back when it first came out. So i took it. Only issue is i can barely hear my text messages or ringer. When on the phone i can hear everything perfect and my people can hear me. Its just my text message/mail..etc

I did a hard reset already, we restored it to factory settings and wiped all dad about a month ago. Tired changing the language, turned hearing aid on, turned the volume up on the music player. Everything i researched but it still didn't work.

Any ideas?

The iPhone 5 hasn't been out quite a year yet so it will still be under warranty, make an appointment at a genius bar and they will check it over, don't delay though as the warranty may be nearing the end depending when it was bought.

Just for your information iPhone 5 was released on September 21st 2012.

The iPhone 5 hasn't been out quite a year yet so it will still be under warranty, make an appointment at a genius bar and they will check it over, don't delay though as the warranty may be nearing the end depending when it was bought.

Thats what i did, made it for tuesday..I tried everything here and im lost. My guess is i might just get a whole new phone?

Is your iOS version 6.1.4? If not update it. It should solve low speaker volume issue.

Thats what i did, made it for tuesday..I tried everything here and im lost. My guess is i might just get a whole new phone?
If your phone has a hardware problem then they will replace it, it may be a software issue but either way they will get you sorted, let us know the outcome.

Went to the apple store, they thought it was the speaker, so they replaced that, still wasnt working. They ended up getting me a new phone. Forgot what the issue was, but if i remember correctly it had to do with some connector port that they were unable to fix.