What's new

Voicemail settings

Thanks very much for that, tharley46. I copied the set of instructions for later but let me ask - do you know whether they'll work on an iPhone 4? If you don't, it's okay. I'll do a little exploring using those instructions as a starting point.

I'm sure you'll understand if I say I'm pretty gunshy right now regarding the whole process of trying to change the number of rings. Thanks again for your input.... :)

I don't see why it shouldn't, it's an iPhone with AT&T. I used it on my wife's iPhone 5. You're not gonna hurt it if it don't work but it should work if done correctly. I'm glad I could help. I've done 2 phones with them instructions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I've done a bit of exploring on that website since you told me about it. I thank you again - I didn't know it existed and I'm fairly impressed with what I've seen of it. I've placed an icon for it on my home page so it'll be handy. :)

P.S. I wonder why the AT&T support person didn't know about it?? Hmmm...

Guess it's job security with them dummies, who knows. I think just they like to everything their customers are doing

And you welcome. Hope you get some use out of it

Well, I'm told that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I just tried resetting the number of rings using the instructions found on that other website. It didn't work.

In fairness, it didn't mess it up any further, either. First, I tried increasing the setting but nothing changed. I tried it about three times. Then I tried decreasing the setting. Twice. It failed at that, too. So, long story short - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I then looked around the internet a bit and found an AT&T sponsored forum which supposedly deals with wireless, U-verse, and internet issues. I joined this group to see if anyone could tell me how to recover the password to my wi-fi router.

I gotta tell ya, I believe it's the least user-friendly forum I've ever seen. I posted my question and received a couple responses that didn't apply to my issue so I typed a response. Then I found that there's no link or button to push to post that response. Nada. None. Doesn't that just frost ya?? :)

Don't know what to tell you, I've done 2 phones with no trouble at all---sorry. Like my ole man use to say, maybe you didn't hold your mouth right.. Really sorry it didn't work for you. My son is on his way to my place and he's on AT&T, so I'm gonna try doing his iPhone 5S. I'll post one way another how it worked out.

Well, it sure isn't your fault, my friend. I suspect the support gal just screwed something up with my account when she was blindly groping for a fix. The instructions produced the proper pages with the proper verbiage but after entering all the characters it simply said it failed instead of saying it succeeded. And the fact that I couldn't change it in either direction makes me think it was the support person.

Well, I dang sure be calling them back and explain, kinda hard, to them what happen, that they screwed up your settings. I'm just wondering if you'd do a "reset network settings" if that would help you get your original settings back before they messed them up. You'll probably have to input your wireless password again, but no big deal

And the beat goes on....

One of the things I lost due to incompetence on the part of AT&T support folks was my current list of contacts. Fortunately, a free app (Appzilla 3) captured a backup listing of them all.

There is a button on the app for exporting selected contacts (I can select them all) but I don't understand where they would be exported to or how, and I don't want to gamble on losing the list by experimenting to find the answer. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I use this. It's a backup that copies all contacts and you send an email to yourself so you can restore all your contacts. I usually update it anytime I add a new contract. There are 2 of them apps. The free one works perfectly. Go to App Store and search for this "My Contacts Backup". There is also a $1.99 app but the free one does just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! You a handy guy, Tharley. Thanks.

I checked out that app, did a little exploring, and safely found out that the freebie app I have does the same thing and is always up to date. Every time I add a contact, it's automatically included in the backup listing and if ever I can't find it in the regular list I can just go to the backup and export it.

I wouldn't have found that out without your input. Thanks again, my friend, and have a beautiful day.... :)

And the beat goes on....

One of the things I lost due to incompetence on the part of AT&T support folks was my current list of contacts. Fortunately, a free app (Appzilla 3) captured a backup listing of them all.

There is a button on the app for exporting selected contacts (I can select them all) but I don't understand where they would be exported to or how, and I don't want to gamble on losing the list by experimenting to find the answer. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I exported to my email. Then I put the contacts.csv file in my Box app. I guess Dropbox would also work.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

It also offers to export as a vCard. I put that on my email in a folder. One tap would put all my contacts back.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.