What's new

Voicemail red number!

Greatgranpa

Reaction score
Hi folks, please can someone help an old dog with new tricks.
I sometimes get voicemail messages left for me, I listen to them, and then delete them.
It all works fine.
But then the little red number in the bottom right hand corner on the voicemail symbol is still there. When I go back to the home page the little red number is now in the bottom left hand corner on the phone symbol.
Whatever I do I don't seem to be able to get rid of the red number.
In hope.
GG

See if that phone call is also listed in "recents". Once you look at that it will clear the red badge.

See if that phone call is also listed in "recents". Once you look at that it will clear the red badge.
Hey, thanks for the reply. How do I look at it without it automatically ringing the person?
Ok, so I did ring, but the red number is still there!

Hi, I just reread your question and I didn't realize the red badge was still active on the voicemail notification . I wonder if this might be an issue with your carrier? Who do you have? Are you listening to the VM all the way through?

Yep, listen to the vm all the way thru. I tried something else, I turned the phone off and on again and the red spot disappeared, also the layout of the VM message page changed and allowed me to select each message to edit, I couldn't do that before.

Glad you were able to get it worked out! Welcome to the iPhone forums. Please visit us often for help, advice, and news for your phone! :)