What's new

Video chatting question

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
I do a lot of video chatting on Skype Facebook Messenger and FaceTime with people I know and sometimes that I do not know. Is there an app that I can put on my phone and tell me if they're trying to video record me or not? Thank you

Hi
I do a lot of video chatting on Skype Facebook Messenger and FaceTime with people I know and sometimes that I do not know. Is there an app that I can put on my phone and tell me if they're trying to video record me or not? Thank you
I don't believe such an app would be approved by Apple for inclusion in the App Store as it would violate their privacy guidelines in that it would require the app to access the other iPhone without the knowledge of the owner of that iPhone. It may also be illegal in some jurisdictions.

Hi Scifan57 I had someone on Facebook Messenger that I was video chatting with. Without me knowing he was recording my video of me and sent it to me. So I was wondering if there was a way that I could prevent that from happening to me again. Besides not video chatting ever again. Thank you

You can't really prevent anybody from recording your conversations (in spite of the fact that they are breaking the law in some countries by not informing you). I think maybe you should exercise caution when video chatting to strangers

Hi Scifan57 I had someone on Facebook Messenger that I was video chatting with. Without me knowing he was recording my video of me and sent it to me. So I was wondering if there was a way that I could prevent that from happening to me again. Besides not video chatting ever again. Thank you
I'm glad I could clear things up for you. Unfortunately
There's no way to detect or prevent somebody from recording their conversations with you. While it may be illegal in some jurisdictions, it's almost impossible to catch someone who's doing it.

Hi Scifan57 thank you for your advice.its just weird how someone can invent software to do something like that.but no one can come up with software to neutralize it.

With technology these days you have to conduct yourself as if u could be being watched by anyone, your parents, police, employer, and so on. Even if your chatting privately. Conduct yourself accordingly and their should be no issues. It's sad that some out there chose to exploit those who are just going about their own business but it's a fact of the technology age. Anything u put out there can be seen by anyone. It's a double Edge sword kinda thing.