What's new

Verizon weak or no service

Scorpio1

Reaction score
Since yesterday noon my service with verizon and about 10 other people in Ridgewood Queens has been weak or none at all. Just wandering what happened coz before and during the storm we had exellent service as always but after it just went on limp mode lol. Not complaining just wandering if anyone knows spefics. Im glad the storm did not do as much damage as it was predicted and for the people lost their lives may their souls rest in peace

Yeah i kind of figured that much like maybe a tower got damaged or it lost power due to the storm but i as i stated in the op i had service well until next midday of the passing of the storm then we had weak/lost service so i was wandering if anyone knows any specific issues but thanks for the heads up coz i aint see the storm, lol but i think i figured it out as they said in the news that a few towers were being replaced in NJ

Last edited:
I'm thinking that possibly you're not in an area that saw major communication infrastructure damage- phone/power/internet ?.

Pretty much all Long Island and coastal NJ, many parts of upstate NY, PA, etc... as example, so well over 3 million people.

A result is nobody has landlines, so EVERYBODY is using their cell phones.

Then factor in Dekyons comment that many of those cell towers have no electricity.

Capisce ? as they say in Brooklyn.

That as BTW was the nice reply. What I really wanted to ask is are you actually that friggin stupid ?.

Last edited:
Same problem, but after Verizon had their share of tinkering yesterday, I had signal throughout. The majority of towers that were affected we're Verizon towers so reception is sketchy from area to area

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm thinking that possibly you're not in an area that saw major communication infrastructure damage- phone/power/internet ?.

Pretty much all Long Island and coastal NJ, many parts of upstate NY, PA, etc... as example, so well over 3 million people.

A result is nobody has landlines, so EVERYBODY is using their cell phones.

Then factor in Dekyons comment that many of those cell towers have no electricity.

Capisce ? as they say in Brooklyn.

That as BTW was the nice reply. What I really wanted to ask is are you actually that friggin stupid ?.

i really dont give a *BLEEP* what u think so go troll somewhere else as u aint read what i asked to begin with

Last edited by a moderator:
i really dont give a *BLEEP* what u think so go troll somewhere else as u aint read what i asked to begin with

Ok, while you may not agree with someone, you will be respectful towards them. Otherwise I have to use all this silly moderator functions to deal with the situation and I find that quite drool.

Hopefully you understand.

Ok, while you may not agree with someone, you will be respectful towards them. Otherwise I have to use all this silly moderator functions to deal with the situation and I find that quite drool.

Hopefully you understand.

i aint tryin start nothin but u see who tryin to be disrespectful here

i aint tryin start nothin but u see who tryin to be disrespectful here

Ah see the misunderstanding. I was referring to the foul language that I had to edit.

You want to call each other stupid and look stupid doing it, knock yourself out. But the odds are another moderator will come along and ban the both of you. Something to keep in mind if you really like it here.

Same problem, but after Verizon had their share of tinkering yesterday, I had signal throughout. The majority of towers that were affected we're Verizon towers so reception is sketchy from area to area

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You know i understand that and it makes sense of course but what i found weird was that until the next day we had great service but i guess the towers either lost power after or the damage finally got to them, in any event this aint by far no inconvenience when you see the hardship that some people are going through not to mention the lose of life, i was just curios if any one knew anything but all service was restored last night so big thanks to all the crews at there making it happen

Scorpio

I apologize for my rude and uncalled for comment (been a bad week, obviously). I think what surprised me was the difficulty of a lot of folks possibly not fully understanding the timing of the issues.

Yes the service was OK at first, but barely and regionally dependent, that as many towers from every cell service encountered the same problems of loss of electrical service, which then forces the data load to shift to towers that do have power until it all starts to cascade towards repeated connection issues.

Compounding this is the human nature to hunker down, then deal with the initial issues, then start to call every local relative, then local friends, then distant friends, then relatives they haven't spoken to in 10 years in Ohio and who watch CNN. Thus the building overload on a minimal system.

A look at your call usage would be revealing I'm certain, at least in my case.