What's new

Verizon leading the pack with iPhone 4s sales

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone4s.png

It has been a while now since the official launch of the iPhone 4S and all three major U.S. carriers have been greatly benefiting from it. But so far, Verizon seems to have proven itself as the number 1 carrier in brining in new subscribers, claims new report from J.P. Morgan. During the fourth quarter of the year, 1.2. million postpaid subscribers have reportedly joined the ranks of the iPhone 4S generation thanks to Verizon. Second to Verizon is AT&T who is rumored to be adding an extra 450,000 subscribers for the quarter. Next in line, is Sprint with around 250,000 subscribers. T-Mobile is the only carrier that doesn’t offer iPhone services therefore, the report estimated that it will suffer a loss of about 400,000 postpaid subscriptions.

Costumers, who are looking to dive into the latest mobile trend, experience a wait time of two weeks if they choose to take care of business with Verizon or AT&T, while they only have to wait one week with Sprint. What’s strange is what analyst Philip Cusick estimates for Verizon’s subsidy on each iPhone 4S lands at $350, AT&T’s at $375 and Sprint’s at almost $400. Now compare those numbers with the prices for Android phones who range between $150 and $250. It gets even strangers, as Verizon has been known to recently try and push costumers toward 4G Android phones with their promotion of $30 a month for 4 gigabytes of data and $50 for 10 GB. Even so, the effect hasn’t been big and costumers keep faithful to the iPhone.

Source: cnet

iDan said:
It has been a while now since the official launch of the iPhone 4S and all three major U.S. carriers have been greatly benefiting from it. But so far, Verizon seems to have proven itself as the number 1 carrier in brining in new subscribers, claims new report from J.P. Morgan. During the fourth quarter of the year, 1.2. million postpaid subscribers have reportedly joined the ranks of the iPhone 4S generation thanks to Verizon. Second to Verizon is AT&T who is rumored to be adding an extra 450,000 subscribers for the quarter. Next in line, is Sprint with around 250,000 subscribers. T-Mobile is the only carrier that doesn’t offer iPhone services therefore, the report estimated that it will suffer a loss of about 400,000 postpaid subscriptions.

Costumers, who are looking to dive into the latest mobile trend, experience a wait time of two weeks if they choose to take care of business with Verizon or AT&T, while they only have to wait one week with Sprint. What’s strange is what analyst Philip Cusick estimates for Verizon’s subsidy on each iPhone 4S lands at $350, AT&T’s at $375 and Sprint’s at almost $400. Now compare those numbers with the prices for Android phones who range between $150 and $250. It gets even strangers, as Verizon has been known to recently try and push costumers toward 4G Android phones with their promotion of $30 a month for 4 gigabytes of data and $50 for 10 GB. Even so, the effect hasn’t been big and costumers keep faithful to the iPhone.

Source: cnet

Go Verizon !!!👍

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

bigtankusa1 said:
Yes Verizon is # 1

Plus I have my grandfathered unlimited data on my iPhone 4. None for my iPad. Booooo. ;'(

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net