What's new

Verizon iPhone unlocked in Italy

rico567

Reaction score
We were successful in using our Verizon iPhone 5s in Italy. A visit to the Vodafone store, and 30 Euro yields a nano-SIM that works just fine. This gives you a month's activation and a reasonable package, 200 min. voice and a gig of data. There are of course other plans, plus "feeding" your plan here could not be easier.

That's good to know. I was there in 2012, but had an iPhone 4. I had to keep it in airplane mode and use wifi only. I was able to use Viber when I did have wifi, so that was good. I would have loved to have had an option for a plan though. Now I do have a 5s...if only I could talk my husband into another Italy trip to try it out! LOL!

That's good to know. I was there in 2012, but had an iPhone 4. I had to keep it in airplane mode and use wifi only. I was able to use Viber when I did have wifi, so that was good. I would have loved to have had an option for a plan though. Now I do have a 5s...if only I could talk my husband into another Italy trip to try it out! LOL!

Yep, wireless works fine- when it's available. We spent time with family in the Naples area, and their wifi is great. When traveling around Italy, wifi was spotty, even in places where we were supposed to have it (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Italotreno!). In these situations, web access through Vodafone data was invaluable.