What's new

verizon iphone question; new BTW

zig9449

Reaction score
Hi to all, i am new to this sight so bare with me. i am sorry if this is the wring place to put this but i dont think it is. i just ordered my verizon iphone today, and should be here wednesdayish. i was wondering which ios it will come with. Has anyone bought a verizon iphone recently this month? amd if so which ios did it come with. Ya see i am worried it will come with ios 4.2.9 or above and would like to have the correct tools to jailbreak it as soon as i get it.lol can anyone confirm that zerizon iphones ordered from the website are not preinstalled with the latest ios quite yet? Thanks in advanced to anyone that can answer this question and also to the ones that try to.

zig9449 said:
Hi to all, i am new to this sight so bare with me. i am sorry if this is the wring place to put this but i dont think it is. i just ordered my verizon iphone today, and should be here wednesdayish. i was wondering which ios it will come with. Has anyone bought a verizon iphone recently this month? amd if so which ios did it come with. Ya see i am worried it will come with ios 4.2.9 or above and would like to have the correct tools to jailbreak it as soon as i get it.lol can anyone confirm that zerizon iphones ordered from the website are not preinstalled with the latest ios quite yet? Thanks in advanced to anyone that can answer this question and also to the ones that try to.

The phone will most likely come with 4.2.10.

when did you get your CDMA iphone and what ios did it come with?

zig9449 said:
when did you get your CDMA iphone and what ios did it come with?

I got my phone during preorder and it came with 4.2.6. apple isn't signing anything lower than 4.2.10 so you might get it.

Damnit, im proly gonna just cancel my order and go to the store. i live in a town full of old people and i feel very confident that this verizon store has not had any iphone shipped in for a while. i wish i would have never ordered from the internet! thanks for your replies. man this is a bummer

zig9449 said:
Damnit, im proly gonna just cancel my order and go to the store. i live in a town full of old people and i feel very confident that this verizon store has not had any iphone shipped in for a while. i wish i would have never ordered from the internet! thanks for your replies. man this is a bummer

You're welcome.

I just bought another one for my brother 2 days ago and it came with 4.2.8

I just bought another one for my brother 2 days ago and it came with 4.2.8
, thats waesome, gives me a little bit bit of hope. so was it bought at a store or ordered from the website, cuz thats what i had to do. and thats also why no one seems to have no idea what it will come with.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
zig9449 said:
, thats waesome, gives me a little bit bit of hope. so was it bought at a store or ordered from the website, cuz thats what i had to do. and thats also why no one seems to have no idea what it will come with.lol

We have no idea because we cannot predict the future. We are human beings. If I could seen what things came with don't you think I'd win at every lottery scratcher?

zig9449 said:

We have no idea because we cannot predict the future. We are human beings. If I could seen what things came with don't you think I'd win at every lottery scratcher?
ya o know i didnt mean to imply that someone woulf\d kmow i just wanted to know if somone bight one recently with a jailbreakable firmware that way i had a better idea of wht to expect.