What's new

Verizon iPhone on T-Mobile

Terrapin69

Reaction score
I'm using my friends used Verizon 5 with my T-Mobile sim. Signal seems great but I noticed it reads 4G, never LTE

am I getting LTE service? If not, can this be fixed? I'm not jail broken and running 8.1.3

The Verizon phone comes so that you can use another company network via a SIM card but I do not believe it is able to do so with LTE.

when a jailbreak is available, for apples latest firmware, will it be possible to "activate" the proper band(s) on this verizon iphone 5 to get LTE on TMO? EDITED - no external links

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in the two and a half years the iphone 5 has been out, I have never heard of a jailbreak doing that.

I'm using my friends used Verizon 5 with my T-Mobile sim. Signal seems great but I noticed it reads 4G, never LTE

am I getting LTE service? If not, can this be fixed? I'm not jail broken and running 8.1.3

Try doing a hardware reset, that's holding down the sleep/wake switch and the home button till you see the Apple logo then release both. I've had my 5c only show 4G and I knew i was in an area were i could get LTE service and that as what it took to fix mine.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

You had a Verizon iPhone 5 and got it to show LTE on t-mobile?

You had a Verizon iPhone 5 and got it to show LTE on t-mobile?

No I have a 5c on Verizon and never have had it on T-Mobile. But the situation was the same, I knew I was in an area where I could get LTE but the phone only showed 4G and a hardware reset solved the problem. So it's possible a reset could help in your situation.

No I have a 5c on Verizon and never have had it on T-Mobile. But the situation was the same, I knew I was in an area where I could get LTE but the phone only showed 4G and a hardware reset solved the problem. So it's possible a reset could help in your situation.

Actually it is not. The Verizon iPhone 5 is documented as not having the ability to be on t-mobile LTE. This is designed.

Here's the answer from tmobile's support site

Hey ...!

That's a great question! The Verizon iPhone 5 does not carry the right frequencies to have LTE on our network.

Last edited by a moderator: