What's new

Verizon iphone on t-mobile

Terrapin69

Reaction score
I'm using a vzw iPhone 5 running latest 8.1.2 fw with my T-mobile sim. All works fine except for one main thing... When the sim is in, the battery goes from 100 to 25% in under ten minutes... Totally weird. Any ideas? It's currently un usable like this.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Terrapin69!

The latest software is 8.1.3. Maybe updating will solve your problem. Do not update using the feature on your iPhone, but use iTunes to perform the update.

Make sure iTunes is up to date, backup your iPhone, then connect it to iTunes and update it. Afterwards, reset it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.. I'm actually on the latest and did so through iTunes... Still, the battery depletes in minutes... Totally odd

Thanks.... I've got an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully they'll just give me a free battery replacement quickly. Don't feel like screwing around

A few days ago, another member had the battery replaced. It was done the same day they brought the iPhone to the Apple Retail Store.

I'm sure they'll tell you how long they'll need. I've seen someone posting that it was replaced within half an hour.

Battery replaced at Apple. Problem solved. Thanks all