What's new

Verizon In-Store pre-order help

JLRoyal42

Reaction score
Well.. I've decided to make my first switch from Android to Iphone. I've had a phone upgrade sitting for a while & I took advantage of it to try out this new IPhone5.

So here is my dilemma. I pre-ordered my Iphone 5 at a verizon location.. I ordered it sometime between 1-2pm at the store on Friday & the lady told me that the phone would be shipped to the store, not me & they would call me to pick it up there, but she didn't tell me when it would arrive & I didn't receive a tracking number. I've tried using my phone number & account number like everyone else is saying but that hasn't seemed to work. I got ahold of another verizon wireless store & they said that my order might be shipped out after the 26th? Which doesn't make any sense since my receipt ETA said the 21st. at 12:00

So im confused.. I hope I can pick a phone up at the store the day of the 21st, if not, it wouldn't make sense how people walking in could get a phone before me, being that we pre-ordered.

Anyone in a same situation?

Last edited:
well if the ETA is the 21st I would stick with it because if you cancel it now you will be waiting a while to get one but if youre in no rush to get the phone then it does not matter if you cancel it or not but it might be worth rining them and asking for a tracking number or to at least find out what is going on so you can be sure.

I'd definitely be in contact w/ the store you ordered it from... better yet... go into the store and inquire as to when your iPhone would be arriving. And, depending on how populated your area is, the chances of getting a 5 on released day from the VZW store will be slim. Unless you're waiting in line... like some people will. :-D

I tried contacting the store today & got a voicemail.. Ill be going in tomorrow to figure out what I should do I guess.

I did the same thing you did. I went into the store and pre-ordered my iPhone 5. The sales person told me that the phone would be mailed directly to me at my home address and not to the store. Also, that I would get a receipt in my e-mail. I received the e-mail receipt from VZW and it has a Preorder number and an Order number on it. When I check the status online I have to enter the Preorder number and so far it only tells me that my order in processing with a deliver date of 28 Sep.

If you did not get a receipt of your pre-order I would go back in and find out what is going on and make sure to get your Preorder number and Order number from them.

I called a couple different times to speak to someone at the Verizon store here, just to make sure I got the story straight. I was told you could pre-order through Verizon but they had to be shipped to your house. I asked if there was any way I could just pre-order and pick them up there Fri morning and they both told me no, has to ship to the house. SO, we're waiting in line for a couple, doors open at 8am.