What's new

Using Facetime via web connection???

dropright

Reaction score
With an iPhone, is it possible to use Facetime with a contact (their phone number) using only a web connection, or would I need to have an actual cell plan in order for this to work? Thanks!!

You can use FaceTime on any Internet connection regardless of its source.

You can use FaceTime on any Internet connection regardless of its source.

So I can talk to my wife via email on FaceTime. That will be interesting, I'm giving her my iPad 2. iPad 4 ordered yesterday and while this is off topic, how come it took me so long to find out that the Mini was not the only iPad released? I'm a month late.

Email is a protocol that occurs across an Internet connection.

Email is a protocol that occurs across an Internet connection.
Yes, right Skull. So email addresses would be sufficient. I'm only saying that because that's what I thought I said in my comment. Unless I'm wrong.

I didn't understand the reason for that response, but if I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me.

So to confirm, using someone else's PHONE NUMBER, I can Facetime with them using only the internet connection?

So to confirm, using someone else's PHONE NUMBER, I can Facetime with them using only the internet connection?

You can call someone else's number on an Apple phone with FaceTime using your internet connection provided your device has FaceTime. You can't use someone else number to make the call.