What's new

Using An Iphone Like an I-pod Touch?

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Hello. One of my friends has An iphone 4, I'm pretty sure it's a 32gb. He's got money to spare, so i'm guessing it is the 32gb, I don't think it would be a 64gb...<br>Anyway, I think he would sell it to me when the iphone 5 comes out. If I bought it off of him when the new one came out, and he de-activated it, Could I use it just like an i-pod touch? Would I still be able to use the features that don't require 3g or a phone plan? Would I be able to Use siri? What do you think it would be worth? I want to make sure he's not ripping me off. It's a 32gb (almost positive) black iphone 4 in decent-good condition, It doesn't have any major issues with it, just slight scratches and what not from general use. What do you think a fair price for him to ask would be, He should give me a slight discount because I know him. <br>P.S. I see that you can get a iphone 4 16gb for 199.99. Is there anyway you can get it without a service plan? Because If he offers to sell me his 32gb for 200$, I would rather just buy a 16gb new for that price, But As far as I know, you have to buy It with a service plan.
Thank You!

Last edited:
Whoops! sorry, For some reason at the first part of the post I said 4gb but then I later said it was 32... anyway, its 32. Sorry, i'll fix it!

You should be able to do most of the same functions except call and text (and you can text if you get the right app; there are numerous) over wifi. I think you're going to pay more than $200. Check used prices online, and then you'll know what they're worth before you ask your pal for a discount.
Hope this helps.

You should be able to do most of the same functions except call and text (and you can text if you get the right app; there are numerous) over wifi. I think you're going to pay more than $200. Check used prices online, and then you'll know what they're worth before you ask your pal for a discount.
Hope this helps.

Would I be able to use siri without the 3g, just wifi?

So could I use siri just off of the wifi but not 3G, or do you need a actual phone plan to use siri. Because there is chance that he might actually have the 4s, not just 4.

How much better is the iphone than the ipod? Say he asks 250$ for his iphone. Do you think it would be worth it or should I just get a brand new ipod touch for 190$
I know there is a better camera, retina display, and siri. Are there any more features than that,that a de-activated iphone would have that the ipod doesn't? Do you think that Is worth the extra 60$ to get a used iphone or am I better off just getting a new ipod?

Grimreaper said:
How much better is the iphone than the ipod? Say he asks 250$ for his iphone. Do you think it would be worth it or should I just get a brand new ipod touch for 190$
I know there is a better camera, retina display, and siri. Are there any more features than that,that a de-activated iphone would have that the ipod doesn't? Do you think that Is worth the extra 60$ to get a used iphone or am I better off just getting a new ipod?

If it's an iPhone 4, that's an ok deal, if that's a 4s for $250, that's an awesome deal.

If it's an iPhone 4, that's an ok deal, if that's a 4s for $250, that's an awesome deal.

thanks for responding. Since he is my friend, I do expect some discount. If it is JUST an Iphone 4, what do you think a good price is, 200$? And then Like 250$ if it is 4s? He probably has about 50$ worth of apps and stuff on it to, I'm not sure If he's gonna charge me alot extra because of that or not though.