What's new

I need suggestions before buying a Sprint Iphone 4S from a friend.

Becast

Reaction score
Hi sweethearts, I need some suggestions.

So i want to buy a Sprint iphone 4s 16gb from a friend , he bought it on 2011 with sprint. He selling because he got a new phone. Not sure if he upgraded (If it makes a diference if he upgraded or not, let me know so i can post the right info)
I already verified that i can jailbreake it and use the gevey adapter to use it with my AT&T account or any others.

1. Before I buy it from him, I want to know if there some kind of info or tips that I should know before making the exchange.

2. Would I require for my friend to go to or call Sprint before he gives me the iphone?

I would apreciate all suggestions.

TY

smile.gif

Ask your friend to get the phone unlocked before selling it to you, that way you can activate it with any carrier of your choice.

Ask your friend to get the phone unlocked before selling it to you, that way you can activate it with any carrier of your choice.

I dont get it. Will Sprint unlock the iphone for free?

If you are a customer in good standing, with no account restrictions or past due balances.

snowtrooper1966 said:
If you are a customer in good standing, with no account restrictions or past due balances.

And if the phone is no longer under contract.

They will unlock an on contract iPhone, as long as you meet the above conditions I posted

snowtrooper1966 said:
They will unlock an on contract iPhone, as long as you meet the above conditions I posted

How far into your contract do you have to be before they will do it?

How far into your contract do you have to be before they will do it?

Donno,
Think all the matters is the above. They do it with the assumption you are going to travel, so they just make sure you dont have account issues or limitations when u rack up those huge intl roaming charges...