What's new

Using a screen protector AND a skin? Questions, please!

Tiskers

Reaction score
I would like to put a screen protector on my new iPhone 4. I was looking at this one from Apple:
Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4 - Apple Store (U.S.)
I would also like to add a decorative skin, like this one:
Zebra Stripes by DecalGirl Collective | DecalGirl
Are these compatible? I ask because the screen protector says it is a "static cling adhesive film". I would presume that would be applied first, the skin second.

But in cruising around the internet looking for information, it looks like some people put the skin on first, the screen protector second. To me, that seems like putting your underwear on over your jeans?!

Please advise! Thank you very much! :cool:

i didnt use the exact things you listed. but when i had my iphone 4 i used to run the front and back screen protectors. and then i added the slickwraps carbon fiber skin to it. i just put the carbon skin on top of the old screen protectors and it worked fine. fit in my otterbox commuter case just fine too.

I have an awesome one on my phone...and matching one for my ipad... I bought it on Amazon.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to poster's business. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to put a screen protector on my new iPhone 4. I was looking at this one from Apple:
Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4 - Apple Store (U.S.)
I would also like to add a decorative skin, like this one:
Zebra Stripes by DecalGirl Collective | DecalGirl
Are these compatible? I ask because the screen protector says it is a "static cling adhesive film". I would presume that would be applied first, the skin second.

But in cruising around the internet looking for information, it looks like some people put the skin on first, the screen protector second. To me, that seems like putting your underwear on over your jeans?!

Please advise! Thank you very much! :cool:

i don't do as you said, i just use a excellent smart cover for iphone, it protect both!