What's new

Urgent please ..>!!!!!

moneygoddy

Reaction score
hey guys i bought second had iphone and it was working fine and by mistake i updated it on itune without sim . my iphone supports gevey sim , and i liv in india not the problem is that after updating my iphone whenever i use to insert sim i got error sim card is not supported also same error in itune , and when i start my mobile then there setup begins like selecting language and country after that it sticked to wifi settings and i ignore it and the second option i get is connect to itunes .. but itunes doesnot support my any sim . so please guys suggest me what should i do now ?? should i use redsnow and install cydia via firmware ??? please reply me asap . thanks

You need to provide more details. The phone model, IOS version you had originally and the one you installed would be a good start.

If I assume you have an iPhone4 which you have just updated to IOS 5.0, then you are out of luck. You have installed a locked baseband on your phone now, and there will be no way to get it unlocked or downgraded. You have lost the ability to use your Gevey SIM. Sorry.

If your setup is different to this, let us know.

Last edited:
man i cant remember my previous model version .. all i know is i updated it to 5.0 and please tell me is there no any other way to work it out ???

man i cant remember my previous model version .. all i know is i updated it to 5.0 and please tell me is there no any other way to work it out ???

No sorry. An iPhone4 updated to IOS5 means you now have an locked baseband which cannot be unlocked. Unless Gevey release a new product to unlock baseband 04.11.08, you are out of luck for the time being. No alternatives.

Last edited:
and what about firmwares i am seeing on youtube ... process to jailbreak the iphone via redsnow and others stuff ... and cant i restore to previous version ??

No. I'll say it plainly one more time. You are stuck with a locked baseband. The baseband on your iPhone4 cannot be downgraded to an unlockable version. Apple prohibit this with a security mechanism that cannot be circumvented at this time.

No matter where you read it, there is no firmware or or other process which will fix this for you now. Sorry.