What's new

Urgent enquiry - cannot un-mute mute button on my iPhone4

lynnhw

Reaction score
Hello<br><br>My name is Lynn and I live in Australia.<br><br>I am currently away from home and nowhere near an Apple store or dealer. &nbsp;I have a bit of an urgent problem. My only means of telephoning is via my iPhone4. &nbsp;I have received a phone call from the person looking after my dog to say that he has had a serious accident and is currently at a veterinarian who needed my permission to give him surgery. &nbsp;I live in Melbourne, Victoria and I am currently in Queensland staying at a remote caravan park. The first call came through and we had a two-way conversation with the vet giving my permission for surgery. He asked me to call him back after a while, but when I did, some how or another my mute button had activated and I couldn't un-mute it. I eventually begged someone else in the park if I could urgently borrow their mobile phone to ring back. The vet said he could hear me on my iPhone but I couldn't hear anything. I pressed the 2 buttons together to turn the phone of and back on but that didn't allow me to un-mute it. Then I reset all settings but that did not change it. &nbsp;I have tried these methods several times but has not helped. &nbsp;I have my Mac Laptop with my iTunes site on here with me. &nbsp;I don't know how long it would take for this thread to go through, but am desperately wanting to know if anyone on this forum has a suggestion for me on how to fix this? With many many thanks, Lynn.<br>

So Lynn... you're saying that you've already performed a hard reset? Holding the lock & home keys @ the same time for 10 seconds?