What's new

Upload/transfer photos

rws

Reaction score
I wanted to transfer some pics from my PC to my IPhone. Seemed pretty straightforward or so I thought. Opened both drives but I cannot drag & drop nor can I copy and paste. IOW, I cannot write to the phone's disk. Do I have something else I need to do?
Thks, Russ

rws said:
I wanted to transfer some pics from my PC to my IPhone. Seemed pretty straightforward or so I thought. Opened both drives but I cannot drag & drop nor can I copy and paste. IOW, I cannot write to the phone's disk. Do I have something else I need to do?
Thks, Russ

You're going to have to sync your photos using iTunes.

Thanks IC. Can I assume that the instructions I read only applied if the phone was Jailbroken? I got around it by just emailing them to myself. Thanks for your patience with an old "newbie".
Russ

rws said:
Thanks IC. Can I assume that the instructions I read only applied if the phone was Jailbroken? I got around it by just emailing them to myself. Thanks for your patience with an old "newbie".
Russ

You're welcome. Emailing them to your self is good but quite time consuming.

Thks, Russ

Russ, after all that, did you get the plan on "synching" your pics from your PC to the iPhone via iTunes?? If so, let me know how it went!

Photo transfer app does it wirelessly. Great app from app store.

EWyatt, Yes I did get the plan on the Itunes xfer. I set up a folder just for my ITunes or IPhone photos, transferred the pics to that folder and then synced that folder to the phone. Worked well!
Thanks for the other suggested App. I will check that out.
Russ

This sounds like a really good app. I have 2 iphone 4's jailbroken, does it matter if they are jailbroken or not?

BattleBum said:
This sounds like a really good app. I have 2 iphone 4's jailbroken, does it matter if they are jailbroken or not?

The app is good. I can vouch for that. I had the app on my iPad and iPhone and I would transfer pics from my phone without issue. Only thing I didn't like about it was location always had to be on..

It won't let you transfer the files if your idevice has a passcode lock on it, try unlocking the device, then connecting it to the computer while it's still unlocked.