What's new

Upgrading from ios 4.1 to 4.2 on jailbroken phone?

dvboy

Reaction score
My ip4 is factory unlocked,if I upgrade my phone from 4.1 to 4.2 will i lose my jailbreak and therefore have to re install everything from scratch again??Any steps I can take beforehand to save everything?Sorry if its a rookie question,but searching did not find any answers.

Jailbreak will be deleted but when you re jailbreak all your stuff will come back if you pressed make my life easier on cydia. Hope this helps.

Jailbreak will be deleted but when you re jailbreak all your stuff will come back if you pressed make my life easier on cydia. Hope this helps.
Got it.....just the same I think I am going to wait and see how things play out,I spent too much time getting things fine tuned on my phone and don't want to risk it for such a minimal upgrade.

factory unlocked or not, you always lose the jailbreak after an update/restore... there are apps to backup cydia apps but none of them have ever worked for me... but apparently one does now

factory unlocked or not, you always lose the jailbreak after an update/restore... there are apps to backup cydia apps but none of them have ever worked for me... but apparently one does now

Which one does work for you? PkgBackup I hope.

Got it.....just the same I think I am going to wait and see how things play out,I spent too much time getting things fine tuned on my phone and don't want to risk it for such a minimal upgrade.

Nothing MAJOR in this update anyway so I am not going to upgrade until there is another limera1n jailbreak for it.

Nothing MAJOR in this update anyway so I am not going to upgrade until there is another limera1n jailbreak for it.

well the limera1n jailbroke all devices for life. nothing that apple can fix in a firmware update... so a day two at most to see a updated limera1n

well the limera1n jailbroke all devices for life. nothing that apple can fix in a firmware update... so a day two at most to see a updated limera1n

Thats great!!! I will be updating as soon as soon as possible with jailbrake.