What's new

Upgrading apps

kpinks

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Iphone4 and I always have trouble upgrading the apps that require upgrade. I have always been trying to do it on the Iphone but now I think that updating on the computer maybe better as it always says there is not enough memory or something. How do I upgrade the apps through Itunes?
Thanks in advance
Kev

kpinks, I thought somewhere I told iTunes to update apps but I can't seem to find it. But if your apps aren't updating because of memory then you need to get a larger chip or get rid of some stuff you don't need, because regardless where the update comes from if there is no room, you won't be able to update.

Hello, I have a Iphone4 and I always have trouble upgrading the apps that require upgrade. I have always been trying to do it on the Iphone but now I think that updating on the computer maybe better as it always says there is not enough memory or something. How do I upgrade the apps through Itunes?
Thanks in advance
Kev

It is a multi-step process. Sadly I am at work and don't have my iTunes in front of me to give you the exact steps but this should point you in the right direction.

1) Load iTunes (Bwahahahaha)
2) Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
3) Allow it to sync.
4) Go to the iTunes store and look for "Update Apps" or something along that wording.
5) Force the apps in iTune to update.
6) Click on the iPhone
7) Click on Sync

If you have the standard settings, that should do the trick.

Also the side benefit of doing it from iTunes, you can be almost out of Memory and still update the app. Basically if you update over the air or WiFi the app has to download and then copy over the top. Which is why you need to have memory free. But if you use iTunes it does a direct copy over.