What's new

Upgrade question

D-Bomb

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section but:

I bought my iPhone 4 on release date and AT&T says I can upgrade again on 6/25/2011. I've upgraded every summer since 2007 so cool, same as usual for me.

Another phone on our line is 3G S bought late last year or earlier this year; well that one can't be upgraded until 8/31/2011. Before the 3GS purchase, it was the original iPhone from July 2007 (well over 2+ years).

So whats the reason that upgrade dates aren't the same regarding all iPhones?

Upgrade eligibility is usually 18 months from the date of purchase. I just checked mine and my eligibility date is 11/25/11 which is about right. They must have made a mistake and only gave you a year contract.

you can but then you can't really go by anything att says. according to att, a person that bought a 3gs is was not eligible for a full upgrade to the iphone 4, even with their 6 month grace period because, well... do the math. that's the part that makes sense. however, me, along with many other people were given the full upgrade anyways on release day. why? i have no clue besides the fact that att is not well organized. i say the real reason why people are getting inconsistent upgrades is because their records/computers are messed up. i could be wrong though.

I just upgraded to the iPhone4 and I can upgrade again June 12/2011. This line was a one year contract for a non-smartphone... Somehow I managed to get a 1year iPhone contract... This is the third year I have upgraded and just payed the $199.

I just upgraded to the iPhone4 and I can upgrade again June 12/2011. This line was a one year contract for a non-smartphone... Somehow I managed to get a 1year iPhone contract... This is the third year I have upgraded and just payed the $199.

Thats weird but I have no complaints. Hell, I might even screen cap it in the event of future conflicts. How do you have a 1 year contract btw?

So far as I know you must sign a 2 year for the iPhone.... But somehow the computer gives me 1 year dates..lol

So far as I know you must sign a 2 year for the iPhone.... But somehow the computer gives me 1 year dates..lol

Yeah like i said. Its different for everyone cuz their computers mess up. Sometimes its a good thing an sometimes its bad