What's new

updating jailbrake iphone4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IphoneChivo

Reaction score
Hello i got a iphone 4 with bad esp then jailbroken by someone on ebay to cricket. i was told by him that i can not ever update the ios it will cause the phone to not work on the flash. so forever im stuck with ios 6.1.2 and itunes 10.7.21? i want to upgrade both. i cant update itunes in the fear of it not letting me sync to my iphone.

iTunes does not break your device. iTunes syncing can be done on all versions of iTunes that supports the iOS version. If you upgrade your iTunes version, you're not forced to upgrade your iOS version.

iTunes does not break your device. iTunes syncing can be done on all versions of iTunes that supports the iOS version. If you upgrade your iTunes version, you're not forced to upgrade your iOS version.
Ok well once with a ipodtouch I update the ios on the device at a friends house and when I tried using my old dinosaur mac pc and I could not sync with it had to buy a new pc. The pc couldn't update itunes for some reason. So I'm able to update itunes what about the ios I've seen a few apps that are unable to work on my iphone because it needs ios 7. Can you update the ios on a jailbrake phone?

iTunes does have OS and hardware requirements. Not every computer can run the latest iOS on the market.

Yes you can update your iOS on your device, but reflashing cricket on your device is an extremely lengthy process frankly, so if you're looking to get iOS 7 on your device, you'd have to research about flashing to Cricket and prep yourself to undergo several trials to get it working if you mess up at any point.

iTunes does have OS and hardware requirements. Not every computer can run the latest iOS on the market.

Yes you can update your iOS on your device, but reflashing cricket on your device is an extremely lengthy process frankly, so if you're looking to get iOS 7 on your device, you'd have to research about flashing to Cricket and prep yourself to undergo several trials to get it working if you mess up at any point.
I don't like doing computer work unless someone can walk me thorough it.. I'm 100% willing to pay for someone to work on my iphone, I've looked on ebay for someone that can update my iphone but no luck. Can you show me a post about how to update an iphone4 6.1.2 to 7.0 iOS. I dont feel I could handle the process of working on an iphone with my computer what programs are needed? Anyone here do have a iphone jailbrake service?

Jailbreaking the device requires no skill at all, just literacy. Re-flashing Cricket requires literacy as well as patience and understanding.

Ummm.........ok that was helpful........................

You were very smug with me I've meet many people like you wanting to talk down to people. People like you should not go out your way to be an *** over 100 people looked at my post but yet your the only one that post and had nothing to say. Thanks for showing your integrity I'm meet other people that know what there doing and can talk.

You were very smug with me I've meet many people like you wanting to talk down to people. People like you should not go out your way to be an *** over 100 people looked at my post but yet your the only one that post and had nothing to say. Thanks for showing your integrity I'm meet other people that know what there doing and can talk.
He was trying to help you. You can use the "search" feature and find all the jailbreak tutorials you need. Read them over, then if you have questions....

Just because you can't follow instructional videos that shows you how to do what you're looking to do, or, research on what you're looking to do, you blame me for not resolving your issue. There's no point in jailbreaking a device if you don't understand what the underlying importance of a jailbreak is. Even if you're flashed to Cricket, there are maintenances that you have to periodically perform to keep the Cricket APN and carrier changes up to date. If flashing to Cricket is too difficult of a task, then you may as well just buy a new device or another 4 with a clean ESN/IMEI rather than buying one that was labelled with a bad ESN.

Flashing to Cricket is not a simple task. Knowingly, if you bought a device with a bad ESN, you were well aware in advance that your device will be a problem when you want to update the device and you will have issues when Crickets starts updating their APNs and carrier settings. You bought the device knowing that it's running Cricket, and that it has a bad ESN. You should've done the research prior to purchasing the device so that you know EXACTLY what you're dealing with, and not just buying it because it was cheap. If it's cheaper than the average market value, there's clearly something wrong with it and will require attention over an extended period of time.

Considering this thread is going nowhere, there's no sense in discussing about how not to do a bit of research and looking for the easy way out. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.