What's new

Doubt, iOS 4.3.3 to 6.1.2.

Lucynerios

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to update my iPod Touch 4g ... it has iOS version 4.3.3 (very old), I Jailbreaked it using the jailbreakme.com website, since then never updated or changed anything on it ... but now i want to update it ... I saw that the latest iOS version is 6.1.3, but she has not yet jailbreak ... so I decided to update it to 6.1.2 then i can use evasi0n jailbreak ... tried updating it by the iTunes but it just lets me upgrade to the latest version available (6.1.3 in this case). I did some research on the net but all the methods I tried not worked out ... I already downloaded the 6.1.2 ipsw... the question is, how do I upgrade my iPod to this version with this file? Thanks.

ps: sorry about my inglish, im from Brazil. ;D

The signing window for 6.1.2 is closed. You can only update to 6.1.3 now via a standard restore iniTunes.

Open Cydia... and at the top of the Home page there will be iOS' listed. What do you have?

I do not know if this is the information that you want... but... at the top of my cydia is written like this:

"SHSH: iOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.0.1, 6.1, 6.1.2"

I do not know if this is the information that you want... but... at the top of my cydia is written like this:

"SHSH: iOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.0.1, 6.1, 6.1.2"
Yes, that's what we need. The iOS versions listed are the ones you can update to. Cydia has SHSH's (Blobs) saved for them.

You'll need to download the latest version of redsn0w and create a custom IPSW file of the above iOS version you want to use. Once that custom IPSW is created... you'll Shift+Restore via iTunes and select the custom IPSW file.

Yes, that's what we need. The iOS versions listed are the ones you can update to. Cydia has SHSH's (Blobs) saved for them.

You'll need to download the latest version of redsn0w and create a custom IPSW file of the above iOS version you want to use. Once that custom IPSW is created... you'll Shift+Restore via iTunes and select the custom IPSW file.

Ty, i understood. But... there is any tutorial here in the forum, or maybe a video on youtube for me to follow ? I never did this before.

And... the redsn0w official website is this one www.redsn0w.us right ?

I don't think we have a tutorial here on our forum.. the process has been discussed in other threads, though. Just not sure where right off. Search "redsn0w create custom IPSW" on Google... or wherever you do Internet searching.

I don't think we have a tutorial here on our forum.. the process has been discussed in other threads, though. Just not sure where right off. Search "redsn0w create custom IPSW" on Google... or wherever you do Internet searching.

Im doing it... and I already found some things.

But... after this process I'll have to jailbreak it again?

Error here... When i tryied to create the custom IPSW firmware the redsn0w show me this: "This option can be used only for iPhone3g, iPhone3GS, or iPhone4 IPSW."

Apparently does not work on iPod Touch... what can i do know ? =(

Error here... When i tryied to create the custom IPSW firmware the redsn0w show me this: "This option can be used only for iPhone3g, iPhone3GS, or iPhone4 IPSW."

Apparently does not work on iPod Touch... what can i do know ? =(

Use the Restore feature in RedSn0w. Open up RedSn0w, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW that you have. For blobs, click Remote to retrieve them from Cydia. The process should automatically start. If it doesn't, simply click Next.