What's new

Updating iPhone 4. Please guide me

hirenhcm

Reaction score
Before i update my jailbroken iPhone4 having iOS4.0.1.

I want to confirm that after i update my phone with iOS 4.1 will it ask me for activation, that is will i be needing a AT&T sim to activate it.

Please suggest...

Are you using an unlock? If you are you will havetoo follow the guide to preserve your baseband.

Thanks for replying.

Actually i have purchasesd this phone form someone. When i got this phone i saw that my iPhone 4 had iOS4.0.1 and BB 2.10.04. I assumed that the person was trying to do something but was not successful.

So any ways i can't unlock for now, so better i would just update it to 4.1 and wait for the unlock for the latest bb as it will be compatible with the latest iOS.

But before i do that i don't want to end up on the activation screen as i don't hold a AT&T sim. So please can some one confirm this for me.

Learn how to jailbreak iPhone 4 and iOS 4.1 using GreenPois0n on Mac

As we know that Chronic Dev Team has released its Limera1n based “Greenpoison” to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4 and other iDevice it’s a pretty straightforward jailbreak that will work on iOS 4.1 with the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3g, and iPod touch 4G. Here is the complete step by step how-to guide to jailbreak iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 using Greenpoison. One thing which is important to note here is that do not use Greenpoison if you use UltrasnOw to unlock your iPhone 4 as installing Greenpoison might bar UltrasnOw from ever operating!

Step 1: First, before you do any jailbreak, backup your iPhone 4
Step 2: Download Greenpoison From here or visit http://www.greenpois0n.com
Step 3: Switch off you iPhone 4 and connect it to computer.
Step 4: Now click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)” button & follow on-screen instructions to put your iPhone 4 in DFU mode.
jailbreak-iphone-ios-41-with-greenpoison-prepare.jpg

Step 5: When the phone 4 is in DFU mode, you will see the message “Ready to Jailbreak”.
jailbreak-iphone-ios-41-with-greenpoison-dfu-mode.jpg

Step 6: Now click on Jailbreak and wait for status bar to complete.
jailbreak-iphone-ios-41-with-greenpoison-state-bar.jpg

• Waiting for the jailbreak to complete, the status bar will indicates what’s going on and the iPhone 4 will reboot itself after that tap on the newly installed “Loader” icon in the home screen, Tap on Cydia and then tap on Install Cydia, Once Cydia is installed you can remove the Loader app, tap on “Remove” and your iPhone 4 will reboot itself once more. That’s it! After your iPhone 4 has rebooted, you will have a completely jailbroken iPhone 4 with Cydia installed on your springboard.
source: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 with GreenPois0n on Mac | iPhone Column

No this is not my questions answer.

I just want to know if I update with TinyUmbrella,will it ask me for activation...can some expert who have done this update answer this...plz...

Ok I got confused here...
By unlock u mean using ultrasn0w.
But that will not work on this bb. But I checked cydia,and ultrasn0w was installed...as I said before I had purchased this phone from some one else...
I am new plz help me to understand

No this is not my questions answer.

I just want to know if I update with TinyUmbrella,will it ask me for activation...can some expert who have done this update answer this...plz...

Tiny will not help you bypass the activation screen.

Thanks Danny,
I was asking this as I was going to use this phone in India...there I won't be having a AT&T sim...

And as per my knowledge there is still no solid solution to bypass the activation screen...if there is please share...

Thanks again...

Thanks Danny,
I was asking this as I was going to use this phone in India...there I won't be having a AT&T sim...

And as per my knowledge there is still no solid solution to bypass the activation screen...if there is please share...

Thanks again...

I believe Greenpoison will get you past the activation screen... But without an unlock that doesn't help much...

so you have an iphone4 with 4.0.1 yet the baseband is 2-10-04??? is it even possible?

so you have an iphone4 with 4.0.1 yet the baseband is 2-10-04??? is it even possible?

Ya,
I should have checked before taking it for her.

No use damage is done.

Am happy people are helping...

Thanks Danny,

Thanks again...

I believe Greenpoison will get you past the activation screen... But without an unlock that doesn't help much...

Again thank u Danny to reply,

I hope by this "But without an unlock that doesn't help much..." you mean that i will not be able to use my SIM....

But at lease i will be able to browse and download. Till the unlock is out.

Is that right...

Thanks Danny,

Thanks again...

Again thank u Danny to reply,

I hope by this "But without an unlock that doesn't help much..." you mean that i will not be able to use my SIM....

But at lease i will be able to browse and download. Till the unlock is out.

Is that right...

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks Danny and everyone,
You were great help...

I will do this and let you know...how it goes...

:D