What's new

Updating Apps

iphone4ever

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just a quick question. If I have a bunch of apps that need updating but my credit card is maxed and won't let me update my apps, is there a work around for this? None of these cost money so why is it not letting me update the apps? Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphone4ever said:
Hey everyone. Just a quick question. If I have a bunch of apps that need updating but my credit card is maxed and won't let me update my apps, is there a work around for this? None of these cost money so why is it not letting me update the apps? Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Your using the same apple id you purchased the apps with right? If so then I would call apple customer service and see what the deal was. That doesn't sound fair if the apps are already paid in full. Though you could always go in your apple id account and swap credit cards. I've done this with pre-paid visa cards. That's how I purchase my apps.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

darkstar2007 said:
Your using the same apple id you purchased the apps with right? If so then I would call apple customer service and see what the deal was. That doesn't sound fair if the apps are already paid in full. Though you could always go in your apple id account and swap credit cards. I've done this with pre-paid visa cards. That's how I purchase my apps.

Yes, same apple id. I could understand if I was trying to purchase NEW apps but I am just wanting to update the ones already purchased. Thx for your advice.

iphone4ever said:
Yes, same apple id. I could understand if I was trying to purchase NEW apps but I am just wanting to update the ones already purchased. Thx for your advice.

Your welcome. Post back if this fixes your problem! :)

iphone4ever said:

I had this issue before I switched to prepaid cards. You might have overcharged on your iTunes account and iTunes has put your account on hold until they receive that owed amount. Check the iTunes store on your computer and see if thats the issue.

iCrank said:
I had this issue before I switched to prepaid cards. You might have overcharged on your iTunes account and iTunes has put your account on hold until they receive that owed amount. Check the iTunes store on your computer and see if thats the issue.

That's why I like the pre-paid cards. Plus if the info gets stolen, they can't rack up gigantic charges on your card.

darkstar2007 said:
That's why I like the pre-paid cards. Plus if the info gets stolen, they can't rack up gigantic charges on your card.

True. I started using the prepaid cards when the psn got hacked.

iCrank said:
True. I started using the prepaid cards when the psn got hacked.

Oh yeah that was absolutely awful. I need to quit. Getting off topic lol! :D

darkstar2007 said:
Oh yeah that was absolutely awful. I need to quit. Getting off topic lol! :D

 lol

This too has happened to me. I then called and spoke to my pre-paid credit card customer service to find out what the deal was. I called them because it turns out the reason I couldn't update my apps "WAS" because I owed $ an iTunes suspended my account. What happens is iTunes has a small delay when taking the $ out. They check to see if it's there, then delay taking it. So you can actually go over.