What's new

Update to ios 5.1

harke

Reaction score
My iphone is in5.0 n no shsh for 5.0.1 , i wanna update to 5.1 ? Is jailbreak available for 5.1 n can i unlock my phone vai SAM in 5.1 ?

What generation of phone do you have? All phones - except the 4S - can be jail broken on iOS 5.1, although it'll be tethered for now.

And, regardless of your version of phone, SAM is done. Apple shut down the exploit that people were using to do the unlock. Sorry - but that ship has sailed.

Marilyn

Mickey330 said:
What generation of phone do you have? All phones - except the 4S - can be jail broken on iOS 5.1, although it'll be tethered for now.

And, regardless of your version of phone, SAM is done. Apple shut down the exploit that people were using to do the unlock. Sorry - but that ship has sailed.

Marilyn

I have iphone 4 n im in 11.08 bb , jailbreak for ios 5.1 is tethered or unthered ?

harke said:
I have iphone 4 n im in 11.08 bb , jailbreak for ios 5.1 is tethered or unthered ?

Tethered. I would read about the difference between untethered and tethered jailbreak.

zig9449 said:
Tethered. I would read about the difference between untethered and tethered jailbreak.

Is it the one where the jailbreak will not loss after reboot of iphone?

harke said:
Is it the one where the jailbreak will not loss after reboot of iphone?

Like I said....read about it.

Redsn0w 0.9.10b8b will tether jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPhone 4 or lower.

A tethered jailbreak is where you have to use redsn0w to reboot. If you reboot away from your computer, you can still use the phone for calls txt and web, but Cydia, anything from Cydia, and Safari will not work, until you boot tethered with redsn0w again.

And untethered jailbreak is where you can reboot and keep the jailbreak fully functional.

zig9449 said:
Like I said....read about it.

Redsn0w 0.9.10b8b will tether jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPhone 4 or lower.

A tethered jailbreak is where you have to use redsn0w to reboot. If you reboot away from your computer, you can still use the phone for calls txt and web, but Cydia, anything from Cydia, and Safari will not work, until you boot tethered with redsn0w again.

And untethered jailbreak is where you can reboot and keep the jailbreak fully functional.

Tx bro