What's new

Ios update

harke

Reaction score
Im on ios 5.0 n i wanna hav untethered jailbreak shud i hav to update my phone to 5.1 else after some days sure apple will stop signing 5.1? Wat to do?

Are you on a iPhone 4S? And it's probably too late to update to 5.1 now. You should have done that the second you heard 5.1.1 was out if you wanted to be on 5.1.

zig9449 said:
Are you on a iPhone 4S? And it's probably too late to update to 5.1 now. You should have done that the second you heard 5.1.1 was out if you wanted to be on 5.1.

I hav iphone 4 and is there an untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1.1

harke said:
I hav iphone 4 and is there an untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1.1

No. The untether for 5.1.1 may not be out for a while. DO NOT UPDATE.

Did you check to see what SHSH you have?

No. The untether for 5.1.1 may not be out for a while. DO NOT UPDATE. Did you check to see what SHSH you have?
+1... check your Cydia home screen and see what iOS versions are listed at the top. If you have 5.0.1 there you'll be able to create a custom IPSW to update to.

zig9449 said:
No. The untether for 5.1.1 may not be out for a while. DO NOT UPDATE.

Did you check to see what SHSH you have?

How to check it ?

Thomasjtsi said:
+1... check your Cydia home screen and see what iOS versions are listed at the top. If you have 5.0.1 there you'll be able to create a custom IPSW to update to.

Bro these is my cydia snapshot wat sud i do , can i go back to 4.3.3 so that i cud hav untethered jailbreak i hav bandwidth 11.08

Attachments

• $image-3654162297.jpg
    $image-3654162297.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 312
Bro these is my cydia snapshot wat sud i do , can i go back to 4.3.3 so that i cud hav untethered jailbreak i hav bandwidth 11.08
Let's try one more thing before definitively saying you have to go back to 4.3.3. Download "TinyUmbrella" from here.. The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella.. on your PC and run it to see what SHSHs it comes up with. Some times one will come up with some that the other won't.

Thomasjtsi said:
Let's try one more thing before definitively saying you have to go back to 4.3.3. Download "TinyUmbrella" from here.. The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella.. on your PC and run it to see what SHSHs it comes up with. Some times one will come up with some that the other won't.

Very true. Always check SHSH whatever way you can before declaring you don't have SHSH for a specific firmware.

zig9449 said:
Very true. Always check SHSH whatever way you can before declaring you don't have SHSH for a specific firmware.

Tx bro