What's new

Update problem -> DFU restore -> not enough space on disk

jan77

Reaction score
Hi, got an iphone 5 and got stuck in a loop. Something went wrong with updating, now I connect to iTunes in DFU mode, but after a while it says that there is not enough space on the disk.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, jan77!

I've removed your other thread. Please don't post twice about the same topic, as it's fragmenting the discussion, making it hard to follow.

What exactly is the message you're getting? Is this an iTunes error, or is it a message from your computer?

Ah was probably a problem on my computer.

I get error 4013 when trying to update
I get error 9 when trying to restore via DFU-mode

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ah was probably a problem on my computer.

I get error 4013 when trying to update
I get error 9 when trying to restore via DFU-mode

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer?

Error 4013 indicates that either iTunes or your computer are not up to date. Error 9 is related to problems with your security software. There are problems to communicate with Apple's servers.

Make sure that you've installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer and make sure it's on the latest version of the operating system. In addition, disable or turn off any security and anti virus software. Try the restore again and let us know if it works.

Thanks for the replies!

I downloaded iTunes for Windows today, so it should be the latest I guess.
I did a run a Windows 7 OS. I guess it has the updates, it surprises me that this could be a problem. Anything specific to look after?

Disabling anti virus software is worth to check out, pretty common that a anti virus software is running on Windows.

Is it in general more easy to fix this with a MAC or should a Windows PC also be good enough?

Thanks!

Nothing in specific, just make sure the software's up to date. Also, try using a different USB cable, and if this doesn't help, restore on a different computer.

It works with a Windows PC, but the whole procedure is way easier when you use a Mac, imo.