What's new

Unlocking/jailbreaking old, old iPhone

klw91

Reaction score
Hello. A friend has an OLD iPhone, model MA712LL, ios 3.1.3 (7E18), firmware 04.05.04_G, that he wants to jailbreak/unlock so he can use a prepaid sim. Is it still possible to do this? I have a 4s that I jailbroke, which is, frighteningly, why he asked me how to do this, but that seems simple comparatively since I only had to press a button. Can anyone help or maybe point me in the right direction? Huge thank you!

Hello. A friend has an OLD iPhone, model MA712LL, ios 3.1.3 (7E18), firmware 04.05.04_G, that he wants to jailbreak/unlock so he can use a prepaid sim. Is it still possible to do this? I have a 4s that I jailbroke, which is, frighteningly, why he asked me how to do this, but that seems simple comparatively since I only had to press a button. Can anyone help or maybe point me in the right direction? Huge thank you!

We need specifics. Is it te iPhone 2G? The very first one? Or is it te iPhone 3G? Again...need specifics.

I don't know a lot about any iPhones before the iPhone 4 but I would plug that phone into iTunes, and see what the latest available iOS can be installed on it.

But if you don't want to do than I know that 3.1.3 needs to be jailbroken with a tool called "Spirit" for 3.1.3.

We need specifics. Is it te iPhone 2G? The very first one? Or is it te iPhone 3G? Again...need specifics. [\QUOTE]

Sorry...It's a 2G.

IQUOTE=zig9449;188079] I don't know a lot about any iPhones before the iPhone 4 but I would plug that phone into iTunes, and see what the latest available iOS can be installed on it.

But if you don't want to do than I know that 3.1.3 needs to be jailbroken with a tool called "Spirit" for 3.1.3.

So do you think it'd be just as easy just to jailbreak with Spirit, and then can it be unlocked as well? I'll go online and look also. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

It's a 2G... I answered this above but it's not really noticeable. Thanks!

Jmills87 said:
Jailbreaking with Spirit requires an official SIM, you'll have to use Redsn0w

I heard iPhones that are this old just yield a very undersirable unstable jailbreak?

I've jailbroken and unlocked several iPhone 2G's. I used Redsn0w. Just Google, "iPhone 2G unlock redmondpie".

Jmills87 said:
I've never had any problems jailbreaking/unlocking older iPhones.

Idk. Just heard that. I've never jailbroken older iPhones befriend. I've jailbroken iPod touch 2g's. Well one 3G and one 2g. The 2g was like crazy laggy after I jailbroken it.

Thank you all for the help! The 4s jailbreak was easy, so I'm a little nervous to try this one so we'll see. Thanks again!